Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

triple grill stand

Options
Linda123
Linda123 Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
could not believe -- i ordered the triple grill stand --i was charged 75.00 for it --- COULD NOT BELEIVE THE PRICE !!!!!!! ---never again will i order before asking the price !!!!!! geeeshhhhhhhhhhh.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I take it that you ordered it from BGE in Atlanta. Does the price include S&H charges? I would think so.

How much did you expect to pay for it?

In order to meet the demand for quality products that will last a long time, there have been corresponding increases in production costs. I'm betting you will get your money's worth many times over the years.

Call BGE and ask if you can return it. They certainly do not want an unhappy Egghead in their mist.

Spring "Happy Happy Happy" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    "geeeshhhhhhhhhhh"

Are you for real. A "three" level adjustable cooking grate system for only $75.00.

More shocked that you would place an order and not ask a price.

Just return the item.

Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Linda123
    Options
    i ordered it from BARBARAS NURSERY in EUNICE , LA -- sorry that i did not ask the price before ordering ... a lesson well learned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Linda123
    Options
    i special ordered it ---i would never not pay for something i ordered --i was just surprized at the price -- MY BAD ```` this is my fault for not asking the price -- it is not the nurserys fault --FOR NOW ON I WILL GET PRICES -- .................
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    We've all been there at one time or another. Just a couple weeks ago, I stopped at a grocery that was not my usual place to buy meat, because it was on my way home from work. I picked up the only pork butt they had in the meat section and went to check out. Just about choked when I saw that the price was more than double what I would have paid at my regular market. But I paid it, because I was in a rush (I know, butt and rush don't really go together, do they?).

You could easily build something similar for a fraction of the cost. I'd give the nursery a call and see if they will cancel the order and refund your money. The worst they can say is "no".

Either way, live and learn.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Sorry you are upset with your purchase.
    Your original post sounded more like a bashing rant than now stating "i was just surprized at the price".
    Should not matter where you purchased rack. They are still a BGE Dealer, a business, and taking returns are part of the job. A dealer should stock this items as part of their inventory. Not like you ordered a custom built, modified one of a kind item. If you feel it's a poor value you should return it.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas