Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need grilled pineapple recipe please

Options
ChefAl
ChefAl Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
prep details, time, and temp suggestions?

Comments

• Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I was exposed to the “Pineapple Head” stuff at the Frozen Fest. I put it on skewers of cubed pheasant and pineapple chunks…It was good!
    But, I don’t have any Pineapple Head here at home and just went with a combination of what I thought would be good together.
    Sooo…I seasoned pineapple slices destined for the Egg with a combination of these spices that I had on hand.
    These are in no particular order other than I’ve tried to list them from most to least. I didn’t measure anything (I’m bad :whistle: ) just kind of used my nose and a taste on the finger while mixing, but be forewarned that both the cayenne and the cardamom demand that a little goes a long way.
    Cinnamon
    Nutmeg
    Cloves
    Cayenne
    Cardamom
    Just season the slices on both sides and get them on a direct grid (about 300 to 350 F.) until you get some browning / grill lines on both sides. That’s it!
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Lots of people do slices, but I like to cut the pineapple into 8 wedges and then cut the core off the point of each wedge.

I generally season with Pineapple Head, but have also used Raging River, Dizzy Dust or Tsunami spin. Actually most anything that is not too hot would work for me.

I usually cook mine along with the meat of the day (usually pork or chicken), so the temp is between 325 and 400. It just needs some grill marks and a chance to get hot all the way through. You cannot hardly hurt it.
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    I like spears for grilling, too. Don't much like BBQ rubs on pineapple, though. I keep it simple, with a sprinkle of cayenne and a dusting of brown sugar. Or, if you're feeling extra-tropical, try brushing it with thick coconut milk (not the low-fat kind), then sprinkling with br sugar. The coco milk contains some fat, and it will combine w/the sugar to make a nice caramelized coating.
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    Hi,

I've done this recipe, which I found in Wise One's BGE cookbook, a number of times, and people seem to love it. You can get the cookbook off of the Naked Whiz's site at http://www.nakedwhiz.com/WiseOneRecipes.pdf

There is a writeup of one of my tries at this on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2008/09/recipe-grilled.html

Grilled%20Pineapple%201.jpg

Is%20this%20a%20good%20idea%203.jpg

Basically, slice a pineapple into 3/8" to 1/2" rings and cut out the core. Dip each slice in melted butter, then into a mix of turbinado sugar, lime zest, cinnamon, and ground allspice. Grill them direct at 450-500 degrees for about 5 minutes per side. Plate individually (on a fireproof plate), and pour a little dark rum into the center of each, lighting it on fire if you're daring.

Enjoy!

-John
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a WINNER!! That looks awesome!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FearlessGrill
    Options
    Thanks Michael. It's one of my favorites to serve at parties. It's quick, easy, tasty, and looks damn impressive.

-John