Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork belly

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cut and getting joyful!!
8.5 lbs.

4102010001.jpg

Garlic/pepper, sweet/spicy, jerk and the little one pounder is Texas bbq rub.

4102010005.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    wouldn't know what to do with this frankly...bacon?
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    cookn biker wrote:
    the little one pounder is Texas bbq rub.

Dang. Whoever gave you that little morsel is pretty stingy. I'm thinking you'll have more on May 1st. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    It looks like a good start. I need to make some more. I love homemade bacon.
  • mnwalleye
    mnwalleye Posts: 226
    I was going to do the samething today, but ended up working on the yard and redo the fence around the garden. I have never tried it and looking fwd to trying it.
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    To all you Bacon makers, when letting it sit overnight in the fridge do cover it or let it air dry????? tia
  • cookn biker
    Yes. Looking forward to this. I'm cold smoking next week.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Brought a case in at work for soups, beans, ect. One pound packs. Thought I'd try Texas style bacon. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Oppisite days for you and me. Yard focus tomorrrow and everything else I blew off today. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Hey Molly...Lookin' good! Are those flavored "cures", or rubs? Be curious to know a bit more about the ingredients. Thanks!
  • cookn biker
    Michelle, Flavored cures.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Nice, Molly. I can't wait to see the results.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Little Chef
    Very cool! Haven't seen them in the market yet. Will be looking forward to the finish! :)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    After a week in a sealed plastic bag with the cure, it's one day in the fridge on a rack, uncovered.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Molly, I'm looking foward to seeing your results in a week! My money is on the Texas BBQ! :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    You're KILLIN me! Can't wait to see results.I packed up 5 lbs. of BBB last week.FINALLY found a source for fresh belly.Gotta give it a go! :)
  • Little Chef
    JCin...Allow to air dry overnight after the cure (and rinse and pat dry) before smoking. After smoking, once cooled, put in a zip lock. ;)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i wish i could find bellies :angry:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb