Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza screen

Roundman
Roundman Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All,[p]How do you use a pizza screen with the BGE and the pizza stone? I have read tips on this forum but I still have questions I plan to make two 12 in pizza on a 14 inch big green egg stone. what is the story with toppings and crust getting finished at the same time.

Comments

• StubbyQ
    StubbyQ Posts: 156
    Well you fix the pizza dough and place it on the screen. Then add sauce, cheese, toppings. Then place screen, with pizza, on pizza stone with a pizza peel and cook until done. The screen allows the dough to brown evenly and the pizza to cook throughout.[p]Couldn't be easier. A temp of about 550° is perfect. Any higher and it burns, any lower and it dries out.[p]Good luck and even temps.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    StubbyQ,
    It also helps to preheat the entire cooker so that you have a hot ceramic dome radiating heat to cook the toppings.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • StubbyQ
    StubbyQ Posts: 156
    Well that's very true but I guess I thought he knew that. Guess I was wrong. Guess I'm guessing too much.[p]Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Roundman
    Roundman Posts: 43
    StubbyQ,
    Thanks for the information and help. From my reading I did know about the dome temp preheat I just like to try things new things only after I investigate all the how to facts. Knowledge is power and knowledge comes from research and questions. Thanks again for all your help.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Roundman,[p]Check out Mr. Hyde's pizza recipe. And, don't let the idea of tossing it scare you...[p]Tonia
    :~)

[ul][li]Mr. Hyde's Pizza[/ul]