Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning Place Setter

Options
Capt. Rich
Capt. Rich Posts: 153
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any ideas on how to get all the drippings of the placesetter from the indirect legs up side. My has gotten pretty grungy.??

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Next time you finish cooking, crank the heat up and put the platesetter inside with the legs down. Let the egg get up to about 500* indirect and it will burn off in no time. I will come back in an hour or so and shut the egg down.

Next time, just wrap it with foil and you won't have that issue again.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    When using my plate setter,I usually wrap it in HDAF to cover the side when using it legs up. However it does get messy sometimes. I will take it and place the legs down after a good cook and let it run bottom and top vents open and burn it off. every 3-4 months usually does it for me, but the HDAF makes it very easy not to have to clean as often.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    EGGZACTLY what they said.Clean burn.Works EVERYTIME! ;)
  • Smoking Coles
    Options
    Hey Capt. Rich, What they said, but I also remember a post of a guy putting it in his oven and running the self cleaning cycle. He said it came out looking brand new. Just another possibility.
  • ledmond
    ledmond Posts: 88
    Options
    As said below, I put mine in a self cleaning oven. It comes out brand new.
  • Capt. Rich
    Capt. Rich Posts: 153
    Options
    Did the burn after a cook, and it worked fine. Clean as a whistle.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    PLATE setter. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut