Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got the large bge

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am very excited but nervous also!!! Please help with some simple burger recipes that my wife and kids and I can enjoy. In detail please b/c this will be my first cooking Thanks for the help, Ron

Comments

• Roundman
    Roundman Posts: 43
    Options
    Ron Skelton,[p]I just purchased my large BGE this week also. I grilled burgers the first time I used it with out any idea of how to use the egg and the burgers were great. I only flip once, egg temp 350 I used hickory wood chunks for my smoke. I like burgers well done so my time is different then most peoples from what I have seen. My well done burgers were still very full of juice and the same size as when I started grilling . Good luck and just have fun. I have cooked on mine four times this week and everything has tasted great. I do ask this forum for help and everyone seems to enjoy give good advice.[p]Roundman[p]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Roundman, Thanks so much I do appreciate the help I will give that a shot and let you know thanks again[p]
  • Deetwood
    Deetwood Posts: 70
    Options
    Ron Skelton,[p]I just got my BGE yesterday and did burgers today. I cooked them at 350 for about 10 minutes aside for .5 pound patties. Turned out great.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Deetwood, Thanks so much for the help!!!!

• TxEgg
    TxEgg Posts: 19
    Options
    Ron Skelton,[p]I agree...cook at 350...get a good fire going all across the bottom of the egg. For really good burgers, get some kosher salt (kind of flaky...melts into the meat). Salt it liberally (don't worry, it doesn't act like table salt...it will mostly enhance the flavor of the meat).
    Also, grind some black pepper up and put on liberally also.[p]Best burgers in the world!