Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd power blip in 20 minutes

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lookin like it might end up bein a LONG and cold night....and we aint got any of the major snow yet...

Comments

• ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    So far so good here. Knockin' on wood.
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Snap a pic - rainy and cold here but I pitty you guys in that cold white stuff that Global Warming has caused in recent months - :laugh:

LJ
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I'd offer to deliver my generator, but your a couple states away. :)

Mike
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    We're not supposed to get any, or not much anyway. I'm so glad I live in New England where it doesn't snow. hahaha

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WessB
    Options
    Sorry it took so long... B) Aint no stinkin "global warming".. :laugh:

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg
  • WessB
    Options
    Got 1 on hand just in case...Thanks my friend
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Dang Wess - if that isn't the bad stuff, you need to leave now and head to Georgia. There's a house for sale right down the road if you like the water! :)

LJ
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hang in there it may be a long night. Hope it don't end up being a long week that is if you end up in a black out. :(
  • field hand
    Options
    We're closing in on 4-5 inches, nothing like what the east coast is expecting/getting. We've got the wood stove going and watching the snow come down. Won't be a problem unless it impacts my ABT cook for the superbowl.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • WessB
    Options
    Love the water..been a boater for 23 years...doubt I could afford it though..hopin to head somewhere south in the next couple of years...had enough of this white stuff... :)
  • WessB
    Options
    We went 7 days with no power in a recent MAJOR storm....while all the streets around us had power within 2 days....by day 7 I wished I had never started the generator.....heat is the only real concern..we should be fine..Thanks for postin..
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Nice pictures of the snow. You have a little on the ground.

Hope your power stays up and going. Gets cold without heat.

GG
  • WessB
    Options
    We got a good 5" so far but this stuff is wet and heavy...and here's what they are saying..

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
    BLIZZARD WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO
    10 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT
    UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO
    30 INCHES...WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. THE
    HEAVIEST SNOWFALL WILL OCCUR THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING WITH THE MOST
    HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS OCCURRING OVERNIGHT.

Could get interesting...
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    215.jpg
    216.jpg
    217.jpg
    218.jpg
    And for relaxation:
    219.jpg
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    AW MAN! I saw that 20-30 inch forecast on the evening news!That's gotta suck.I hope you got PLENTY of Crown and charcoal!Good Luck friend.You and Sally keep safe!
  • WessB
    Options
    Well stocked on all accounts...worse case we gotta light an egg and bring it in the house to keep warm.. :) ...i'm kidding dont slam with all the CO poisoning comments...Thanks for the concerns..
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    If the amount of snow you get is directly related to the amount of rain I got yesterday, then all I gotta say is watch out. it started raining yesterday at 9AM and didn't stop till 11PM. My back yard looks like a lake. Had to be close to 4" of rain.

Good luck, stay warm, and to remember to wrap your pipe. :woohoo:
  • WessB
    Options
    LMAO....Thanks..
  • WessB
    Options
    Indeed...Thanks Kent
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Hey Wess - this ought to piss you off. :)

b-06-magic-sands-beach-web-.jpg

Just get on your swim trunks, close your eyes, and sit next to your fireplace! :laugh:

LJ
  • WessB
    Options
    Actually made me feel warm..we were there just over a week ago....and only wish I had a fireplace..but do understand your wantin to piss me off..guess I deserve that one...It's all good..let by gones be by gones...
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    I was just playing around with you some. I wish I was at the beach now...with a cold O'Douls in one hand, some BBQ shrimp in the other, and dark sunglasses on so I could look at anything I wanted too and the wife not know it! :)

LJ
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    You know Wess, if I had posted something as this....that didn't have to do with food or a BGE, and didn't put OT in the subject...GG would have scolded me!!

:blush: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blush:

Of course, I am just trying to be a smartass here! Good luck with the power situation. But hey, at least you can still cook without power! Last weekend when they were talking like we might get significant ice in our area, I we to the store and loaded up on things that would be perfect BGE cooks. Folks were looking at me awfully funny when I was checking out with ribs, steaks, whole chickens, etc etc. They were thinking it was a **** weekend to cookout......I say any weekend is an EGGcellent weekend to cookout!! B)B)