Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - "It Might Get Loud"

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just got "It Might Get Loud" on DVD. ...great documentary about guitar playing and three generations of guitarists with jimmy page, the edge and jack white. ..it deals with them individually and has the three of them in a room together where they just sit and talk about their history and what it (playing guitar, their backgrounds, etc) all means, and how their history, etc. ..and they all do a little jamming together ....its just a great movie. ..includes vintage footage as well...rent it, buy it, whatever, its well worth watching if you are into rock music, its history and its present....here's a trailer if you are interested.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilEvbl3Vv0

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Max,

Funny, I am just about to order tickets for Beck/Clapton.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i'll bet that will be a great show! you should watch this movie. . .it would put any good guitar show (like beck/clapton) into even better context. ..
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    TKS Max!!!! Brings back many great memories
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    at least those great memories that weren't wiped away enjoying that music in the first place.. :whistle: :woohoo:
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Loud I missed:

High School school night, and I had homework. Next morning, a classmate in 1st hour class walked in, with a dazed look on his face. Apparently that new group, The Cream, was pretty good.

Loud my brother-in-law missed: kind of:

Jeff Beck was playing at a place called the Electric Circus. By the time bro-in-law got there, all tickets were sold. Wasn't too bad, tho. Beck was playing loud enough that everyone in the parking lot got a free concert.

Loud I did get to hear:

The Dead toured for awhile with a sound system that could reach 145 dB without distortion (they lost money every time they used it.) I was seated about 300 feet away from the stage, just about up in the rafters. There was a momentary pause in the music, and then I saw this wave rippling out across the audience. It was a single bass note loud enough that it pushed me sideways in my seat even at that distance.

Loud that I still kick myself in the rear for missing:

An old friend called after dinner on a Wednesday night, asked if I could drive him to the next city for a Stevie Ray concert. I passed. The friend had been a roady briefly for Mr. Vaughan. And when the gracious Texan saw his old friend in the audience, he was invited back stage to really enjoy the concert. Oh, well, I would have had to stay up way after my bed time....
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I got that movie for my uncle for Christmas...but watched it first :blush::whistle: . You're right, it was AWESOME!

Jack White's comments about showing up just to steal what they know was telling of our generation. It seems kinda "Survivor" of him and made me chuckle.

Page is still so amazing.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :blink: :unsure: :whistle:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yeah, jack white said that, but he still showed some respect and reverence i thought. . . i loved the scene with page in his living room mimicking to that song "rumble" . . .that was great .. .and how about the scenes of page in his basement/storage area ...there must have been 50 + guitar cases in there . .just amazing.. . .
  • MtnBlue
    MtnBlue Posts: 109
    Options
    gdenby wrote:
    An old friend called after dinner on a Wednesday night, asked if I could drive him to the next city for a Stevie Ray concert. I passed. The friend had been a roady briefly for Mr. Vaughan. And when the gracious Texan saw his old friend in the audience, he was invited back stage to really enjoy the concert. Oh, well, I would have had to stay up way after my bed time....
    I went to see The Fabulous Thunderbirds at a medium size club in Atlanta many years ago. Normally I am bored and impatient with the opening acts but this new guy no one had ever heard of blew everyone away. After a few songs I didn't give a hoot about seeing the Fabulous Thunderbirds. I just wanted Jimmie Vaughn's little brother to play all night!

The next day I immediately went looking for Stevie Ray Vaughn's first record but it didn't make it to the record store (remember those?) for almost two months. It was worth the wait!

I'll have to check out the video. Sounds good!
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    You're right. I laughed as I watch Jimmy Page play I think it was "Seven Nation Army". True respect between those three.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    so why did i pay 25 bucks for it?? . ..oh well, i have it forever i guess ...helps keep the economy going too! LOL ..

so, did you watch it??!!
  • you have much better quality, and can watch it on a much bigger screen....
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Thanks Max!! I'm all over that!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    I'm going on the Chet Adkins diet......I just pick at my food!!!!