Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White Pizza

Banker John
Banker John Posts: 583
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for a recipe for white pizza. The dough is not a problem. I'm looking for toppings and sauce for the white pizza. Something different than the traditional red sauce.[p]Thanks in advance - Banker John

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    banker john,[p]When we did a white pizza, we didn't use "sauce" per se, but used olive oil, fresh herbs, roasted garlic and three kinds of cheeses (mozzarella, parmesan, and romano). [p]pizza-white.jpg[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    John,
    I did one Tuesday with olive oil as the base, mozzarella, creamy goat cheese and chopped Roma tomatoes. Add black pepper. Used Mr Hydes dough recipe. I'll definitely do that one again. Have a good weekend,
    Scott

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    John I use one can of cream of mushroom soup and ¼ cup of either ranch dressing or mayonaise, mix well and spread over pizza crust/dough. Dust with some garlic, black pepper and whatever else, add diced chicken, ham, mushrooms, broccoli, red onion and some mozzerella cheese 'n parmesan cheese. Put some olive oil on the crust/dough before the soup mix, it will go on better. We love this pizza and the ingredients are up to your own tastes. [p]Before
    secondpizza1.JPG[p]After approx 15 minutes at 450°[p]secondpizza2.JPG

[ul][li]Meat & Poultry Questions?[/ul]
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    For the sauce, just about any white sauce will do. Here's one I've been using:[p]White Sauce - Pizza[p]3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tbsp. cornstarch
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. onion powder
    1 tsp. oregano
    2 c. milk
    1 tbsp. white wine, optional
    2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese[p]In medium saucepan saute garlic until soft. Blend in cornstarch, salt, pepper and spices. Gradually add milk, wine and Parmesan cheese. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, cook approximately 2 minutes. Let white sauce cool slightly.
    ================================================[p]Toppings-[p]What I've been doing is making an extra boneless, skinless chicken breast whenever I'm doing them. I then use that extra breast in the next day or two for a white pizza. I just slice it thinly. I'm still partial to fresh mozzarella, haven't tried the goat cheese yet. Fresh basil and sliced tomatoes will give you a traditional, Italian tri-colored pizza.

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Rumrunner,[p]Wow Steve, that look great! I guess I know what next Friday's dinner will be.[p]

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Pakak,
    MMMMMmmmmmmm. I have already copied this one. Will try it later in the week.[p]Thank you very much![p]Banker John