Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

QBabe, another pizza question!

Options
Tanya
Tanya Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do you saute your vegetables or put on raw? Is 8 to 10 minutes enough to get the crust and vegetables done? I'm planning 550 degrees, right?

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Tanya,[p]No, we don't saute the veggies. They are raw when they go on.[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Note that they are sliced very thin when we do them...for thicker veggies, it might not hurt to precook them a bit.

• CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    Mr. Hyde,
    I am no expert as I have not worked myself up to your dough recipe just yet. I have been experimenting with the Provincial variety posted last week. My confidence is building and yours is next. [p]However, regarding the question of pre cooking ingredients, it seems there is a variety of possible answers depending on what the desired outcome is. For instance, the provincial uses carmalized onions with salt cured anchovies and olives. Who would have thought? Sort of reminds me of the old philosophy of " in orer to be a successful explorer you have to be comfortable being lost."[p]In the meantime, many thanks to Qbabe and Mr. Hyde for lighting the way to new adventures.
    Dave