Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en:Raging river salmon w/cappers

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The oven heating element burned up today and had to order a replacement. Oven? We don't need no stinking oven! Fired up the Egg for a quick cook before I had to leave for work. Coated my salmon with EVOO and sprinkled with DP's Raging River and topped with cappers and a limmon slice. Some tuna for a 22:00 supper later tonight that I salt and peppered the sprinkled with brown sugar and ginger. I had just as soon have my tuna raw with pickled ginger and wasabi but the closest place I can get the ginger is 70 miles away and it turns pretty quich even in frig. The ginger and brown sugar give a nice flavor along with a side of wasabi that I just carmolize on the tuna with a slight smoke flavor of presimmon wood. The raws:
FoodmidJan10023.jpg

On a raised grill at 250 direct till fish was weeping well.
FoodmidJan10025.jpg

Plated up and ready to take in.
FoodmidJan10026.jpg

As you can see Jake is still alive and kicking. Ate better this afternoon and drinking good. Neck is looking better. Sucker is harder to kill than a cockroach! :laugh: I tryed to put him on my glass but he can't see where to put his feet and a couple steps on ice cubes and he was threw with that! :whistle:
FoodmidJan10029.jpg

Some steamed corn with La Bomba and asparagass with wild rice and a good, fast, healthy meal.
FoodmidJan10030.jpg

Mail lady showed up at the door with a box. Hummm Saw the address of sender and opened it like the Unibomber had mailed it! :laugh: To my delight it contained all kinds of vices including something to keep my intestans in knots for weeks!! I have been out of fresh hot peppers for several weeks and my system was in with draws. No more!!!
FoodmidJan10032.jpg

Comments