Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wing sauce

Options
wilco1
wilco1 Posts: 22
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok in-laws still here. I have the wings sitting in the fridge with salt and pepper. Does somebody have a good sauce? Do I need to baste them or cook them, then douse them in the sauce?

Comments

• FearlessGrill
    Options
    As I posted a little while ago, there are a bunch of different sauces for wings on my blog. In case you were having trouble searching, here are links to some of them. I have a mild and a spicy Buffalo Sauce, a pomegranate sauce, a honey-lime sauce, and the Bloody Mary sauce from the Eggtoberfest 2006 recipe book.

Of these, my favorite is the spicy Buffalo, but that may be too much for a lot of people. The mild Buffalo is what I usually serve to guests. A lot of my friends really like the honey-lime ones too.

I don't bother to baste. Once the wings are done, I put them in a large bowl, pour the sauce over, and toss to coat.

Good luck.

-John
  • wilco1
    wilco1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks. You have been a big help.
  • NibbleMeThis
    Options
    I just happened to make some nice ones last night based on Michael Symon's Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings

DSC_0171resized.jpg

24 ea chicken wingettes and drumettes (see this post for video on how to cut them)
    1/8 cup coriander, ground
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1 Tablespoon kosher salt
    1/8 cup olive oil
    1/3 cup Sriracha sauce
    8 Tablespoons butter
    1/4 cup basil, fresh chopped
    1 ea lime zest
    4 cloves roasted garlic

Make a marinade with coriander, cumin, salt, and oil. Marinade wings for 4 hours in a ziploc bag.

Over very low heat, melt butter and wisk with basil, lime zest, sriracha sauce, and garlic.

Get your Big Green Egg or grill up to 350f on indirect heat and cook for 30 minutes. Flip chicken.

Cook another 20 minutes and toss in the sauce.

Cook 10 more minutes, to crisp up the sauce. Serve with the usual suspects (celery & blue cheese or ranch).

The full post is here at my blog. But that pretty much gives the info.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    Mmm - those look good. I'll have to try that.

Thanks for sharing,

-John
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    No problem. Hope your wings turn out to be a success.

-John
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Wow, those look super!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I'm guessing there was no shortage of heat with the Sriracha sauce. They do look great!