Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cajun Power Garlic Sauce

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I posted a pulled pork recipe that used an injected garlic/pepper sauce. Well,...Mama invited the in-laws over this evening (the highlight of my day) ...just kidding, Babe. Anyway, she took a couple of pork tenderloins out of the freezer, and instead of my usual raspberry/chipotle marinade, I decided to try them the same way I did the butt. They were injected with the garlic/pepper sauce, rubbed with mustard and Grilla Shaker (substitute your favorite rub) and cooked on an elevated grid at 300 - 350 until a 150 internal was hit, with Mesquite chunks for smoke (wonder where that came from?).[p]Long story short,...it was incredible. Served them as medalions onr a balsamic vionigarette/ avocado salad with hot rolls. Even my father-in-law loved it. [p]I'm sold on the garlic/pepper sauce injection.[p]Mike [p]

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    I like the flavor of that stuff too! Here's the website link for those that are interested... I notice that in their banner they say, "We no longer ship to Canada". Dang, that's 2 companies that have shut me out now. Whatever happened to this 'free trade' thing? LOL
    Qfan

[ul][li]Cajun Power Sauce[/ul]
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Thanks for the link. I had no idea how to find them.[p]Mike

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]I discovered CPGS on a trip to N'awlins many years ago. Love the stuff and it's one of the secret ingredients in some new chili recipes.[p]BTW, I've realized the error of my ways. Ask me about my new real Texas, no bean, chili hehehe[p]
    K~G

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    KennyG,[p]Ok, I'll bite. What about your new real Texas, no bean Chili?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]I've made my favorite "bean" chili for the last 4 EggFest events I attended in Atlanta and Waldorf. There were a few accolades, but also several friendly cyber scoldings here on the forum telling me that real chili has no beans in it. The most recent of which was from Mike (BBQFan).[p]With a little time on my hands right now, I came up with a Texas concoction that's quite good IMHO.[p]The recipe is yours for the asking. Just email me.[p]K~G[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    The Garlic Juice and Worchestershire Sauce are staples in my house. Both are great products.
    R&J[p]