Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Attempt: SPARE RIBS

Options
highpress
highpress Posts: 694
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Haven't done ribs in quite a while, let alone on the new BGE. Wifey asked for ribs this past weekend, and since i haven't done a low'n'slow on the BGE I was happy to oblige...The only thing about ribs, i always end up throwing away the skirt and breast bone and meat from when you trim them for St. Louis stye. Need to figure out what to do with the meat from the trimmings... :(

DSCN1088.jpg
The Raws: 2 racks ready for the egg. They were trimmed and rubbed the night before...

DSCN1091.jpg
I put the racks on at 11.30 AM. The dome was at 225. The wifey (who is 11 weeks pregnant) was very irritable and hungry. She informed me it was time to go out and get lunch. I left w/out stabalizing the egg. Came back to temps at 300+. Was not very happy about that. Adjusted the vents and dialed it in for the rest of the cook at 250.

DSCN1095.jpg
This was towards the end of the cook. I didn't foil, just kept the ribs at 250 till about 6pm. 7 hrs or so. Threw in potatoes towards the end. I thought the ribs were great, got mixed review from the wife. I think she likes a "mushy" kind of ribs. Will probably try to foil them next time. I think she gave an "8/10" but said i've done better in the past. :angry: But this is the first time i've ever done ribs w/out foil. I thought they were the best i've ever done.

DSCN1098.jpg

DSCN1101.jpg
MMMMM.... man that was good eats....

Comments