Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Talapia w/red potatoes&shrimp

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok I got to work on my timing. Was 21:00 before we ate tonight and planed on 18:30! :blink: First a member of this forum called just to visit. You know who you are and I will be late to cook any time to hear from you! ;) Next a GSD breeder returned my call about a pup. Truth be known thats what made me late but I wanted to gig an Egghead anyway! :laugh: Had to poision bugs in the garden,ect. Finnaly got it all togeather and hear it is. Have doene this several times b4 and all ways a favorite. Not spicie like a lot of my cooks. Almost reminds me of German or Irish dish. Filling and comforting as the temps are in the 70's and feels like fall. The recipe come from Gaida again:
4 (4- to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
8 to 12 ounces purple potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary leaves, plus 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup minced fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the fish fillets on a work surface and season with salt and pepper. Top each of the fillets with enough slices of potato to completely cover the surface of the fish, overlaying the potatoes like shingles. Sprinkle the potatoes with a bit more salt and pepper, and the 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves.

Heat a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and the butter. When the butter is melted and the oil is hot add the fish, potato side down. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the fish is cooked through, about 15 to 17 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, chives, the remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl.

To serve, place the fish on serving plates, potato side up. Drizzle the fish and the plate with the chive oil. Serve immediately

The raws:
EarlyAug09food117.jpg

Did a batch of what I call Italian shrimp. Real easy. Salt, cracked pepper, origino, onion chives and EVOO.
EarlyAug09food118.jpg

Toss in cast iron at about 350 till tinder.
EarlyAug09food129.jpg

First though I did the talopia. The trick is to slice the potatoes thin so they will cook with the fish.
EarlyAug09food119.jpg

EarlyAug09food120.jpg

EarlyAug09food122.jpg

Flipping the concoction is half the battle. With the cooler weather old Sue the Smoke Shack dog is breathing much better and has been out almost all day being a dog for a change!! Little Bitty, our old 13 year old, enjoyed the garden while I cooked.
EarlyAug09food127.jpg

EarlyAug09food124.jpg

Some garlic bread in the shrimp drippings.(Don't knock it. it's good served hot!)
EarlyAug09food130.jpg

EarlyAug09food131.jpg

Hears the food:
EarlyAug09food132.jpg

EarlyAug09food133.jpg

And hears the bird! :laugh:
EarlyAug09food134.jpg

Wife fried fresh squash from the garden to go with it.

Comments