Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digi Q II

Options
BigBlueEgg
BigBlueEgg Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just purchased and received a DQII and was playing around with it to get familiar with the functions. The only thing I don't understand is the alarm. I was going to try to set the alarm temp to 190 but it would only go to 125. Am I missing something or is this as high as the alarm will go?

Do people use the DQII for shorter cooks such as steak, spatchcock, etc?

Comments

• BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Are the temp probes attached? When the food or grill temp is displayed, push the up or down button to change the temp setting. I use it on anything under 400 degree. Not sure what the probes are rated for but try and keep them from direct flame and high heat contact.
  • Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    Whan you are setting the alarm the number you areseeing is the # of degrees off your set point that the alarm will sound.
    ex. if your cooking at 250 and you set the alarm at 25 then your alarm will sound at 225 or 275

If set at 30 the it will sound at 220 and 280

If you need anything else feel free to call.

Kenny Baker
    Dir of Operations
    The BBQ Guru
    800-288-4878