Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip pan size for LARGE BGE?

Options
Dex
Dex Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What size of FOIL drip pan fits best on the Large Big Green Egg? I have some here at the house, but they look too small.

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    I've always used a tape measure, based on what I'am cooking and is it going onto a v-rack and set into the alum. toss away.
    Also I have learned to do a cold run on all of the above just to make every thing fits before fire in the hole. Smiles to ya.
  • Dex
    Options
    It wont be in a V-rack.

I always use the alum. pans that I can just toss out. I was just hoping to get an answer because Im at work and not able to measure it right now and I will be picking something up on the way home.

Thanks for the input.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Do you need the measurements of the Lrg platesetter?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    a 12" round one works best for me in my large regardless of whatever meat I'm cooking.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    This with the Lrg PS and 13" diameter foil pan.
    App 1 1/2" plus gap from edge of pan to PS legs.

13inchfoildrippanLRGb.jpg

13inchfoildrippanLPS.jpg

Hope this helps
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Dex
    Options
    Perfect. Just what I needed!

Thanks!
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Options
    I use throwaway aluminum pizza pans.
  • chrono
    chrono Posts: 177
    Options
    Just got a 14 inch aluminum one off amazon for 15 bucks. Seems to be pretty good.