Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potatoes

Options
Linda
Linda Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to cook potatoes on the BGE?

Comments

• Linda,
    Prick several places,rub with bacon grease, salt and pepper. Grill and smoke 400 dome temp til done.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Linda,
    we love yukon golds. . . .cut them into small cubes, toss them liberally with olive oil and then any combination of garlic/rosemary . .. kosher salt. .. dizzy pig raging river rub (we really like the RR). . .spread in pan and bake indirect in the egg at 425 for about 35 - 40 minutes, tossing them around once or twice. .. [p]while this is also good with new potatoes and red potatoes, the yukon golds are really sweet and come out tasting like candy (IMHO). . .. [p]yummy

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    Linda,
    I like the litle red potatoes cut in half and then coated with kosher salt , fr. gr. pepper, fr. chopped rosemary, and olive oil. Cook on a raised grid at 400 for about 20-30 min. Delicious! These have replaced baked potatoes when we have steaks.

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    Linda,[p]Pretty much the same oas the other folks except:[p]I cut them ii to slices, maybe about 3/8 inchs thick, coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay them out on the grill around 400 or so. They brown and crisp very nicely. Folks love them. Plus, many folks have not tried this before, so a becomes a conversation item too.[p]-Tom
  • Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    Linda, Take several white potatoes, wash, cut into chunks. Micro in covered bowl for 4 minutes. Place in small Lodge iron skillet with 3 unpeeled cloves of garlic. pour 1/3 cup olive oil over spuds, sprinkle with rub and put into egg at 350 degrees for at least an hour. Pass on the smoke which I don't think blends well with potatoes. (I usually make these prior to grilling meat since you don't have to fuss with grates, grills, fire bricks, mitts, pokers, spilled beer, etc. which means I'm always looking for the easiest way to cook.)

• Rub a tater with plenty of olive oil, actually soak it, then put plenty of montreal steak seasoning on it and wrap in foil and when about done, unwrapped and char up a bit while grillin the steaks

• SouthJerseyGrEGG
    Options
    Linda,[p]Take nice size Idaho baking potatoes, wash and wrap in foil,
    then place them in the Egg at 425 F for :50 to 1 hour. Plain, simple, and perfect! Cook more than you need for that meal because you will use the rest for the absolute best home fries and Italian potato salad the next day!!![p]If I am cooking for two, I throw on at least 6 extra![p][p]