Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating food for a small BGE

Options
bigmikej
bigmikej Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Next weekend I will be tailgating with about 15 people for the UGA/USC game and was going to attempt to bring the small to Athens for the 1st time. I was looking for some ideas as to what to cook. I was thinking some brats or sausages, burgers, etc... has anyone else had success with anything else with the small for this many people?[p]Thanks for your help![p]Mike

Comments

• bigmikej,
    I enjoy cooking pork tenderloins. I can get about 5 to 6 depending on size on there and they cook in about 1 hour. If you need to do 2 cooking wrap the first cooking in alum. foil and put in a cooler with newspaper. Cant go wrong. By the way I am from Murfreesboro, Tn and UGA plays MTSU which is located here. (my alma matar) I hope ya'll dont whooooooop us to bad. At least we get a nice paycheck. Have a good weekend. Pigtail

[ul][li]GO BIG BLUE[/ul]
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    bigmikej,
    Be sure to take plenty of charcoal - the mini has a very limited capacity, and while it is a great little cooker you will need to add charcoal between cooks if you are doing anything at fairly high temps or if you anticipate longer cook times.

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    bigmikej,
    I agree with Pigtail. I did pork-t's last time we tailgated and they were great. [p]I hope more suggestions come along because we are gearing up for a big tailgate party in a couple of weeks: Texans vs. Chiefs!

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    bigmikej,
    Get a couple of pork loins from Sam's....Cook to 145°...slice thin and serve on hamburger buns with a good BBQ sauce....GooooooooooooDAWGS.
    Larry

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    WudEyeDoo, My beloved Chiefs visit Houston on the 21st of this month. Be prepared to see an arieal (sp) show. Our d-backs are still terrible and should be a shoot out.
    I think I'm doing the firewalk wings and YB's tenderloin suggestion for this week vrs. Chargers.[p]
    CWM