Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Frisper: New Take on the FoodSaver

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw (and bought) a different vacuum system on QVC called the Frisper and it intrigued me because the bags are ZIP-LOCKED at the top, so it's easy to get just part of the contents out. The bags come in two sizes and they're very similar to FoodSaver.bags in thickness.

I've used FoodSaver for a decade and this looks a lot more practical. You take out only what you want from the bag, zip up the top, then reseal the bag by means of holes along each side. The machine is a flat oval shape easy to fit on one hand, and to reseal you pierce a hole, air is sucked out, and the circle around it is heat-sealed shut (5 circles each side of bag, 10 uses for each bag).

I don't have anything to vacuum seal at the moment, so I will just give you the link to see for yourselves:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^K24134,frames^y,from^se,cm_scid^isrc,cm_ssi^Item: K24134&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-K24134

Judy
San Diego, CA
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• BuffaloChip
    BuffaloChip Posts: 106
    Options
    Judy Mayberry wrote:
    You take out only what you want from the bag, zip up the top, then reseal the bag by means of holes along each side. The machine is a flat oval shape easy to fit on one hand, and to reseal you pierce a hole, air is sucked out, and the circle around it is heat-sealed shut (5 circles each side of bag, 10 uses for each bag).

Judy
    San Diego, CA

This is from the site.

Reusing bags for meat, fish, or poultry is not recommended :(

Kinda defeats the purpose of resealing for most of the stuff I freeze.

--Dave
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    So you can use it for meat or fish the first time only, but you can use it for other things after that, I think. I wash really well and reuse the FoodSaver bags that meat has been in (never reuse poultry), so for meat I think I would go for reusing them.

BTW, I did try it out today...big sale on broccoli crowns, so I bought a big bagful. Sealed them up in the gallon bags and it worked beautifully!

Judy
    Judy in San Diego