Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day Eggin

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's on the Egg for Father's Day? Mom and dad coming over later (my mom and my bride will get their butts kicked by my dad and I in an afternoon of card playing :evil: )

Stuffed pork tenderloin two ways here

Two with spinach, roasted peppers, roma tomato, baby bellas, chopped scallion, chopped garlic, and mozzarella cheese wrapped in bacon. And two with spinach, apple, sweet potato, peach amaretto preserves, and mozzarella cheese wrapped in bacon. Both with raging river on the inside and rub on the outside.

Veggies, stuffed tomato, and wilted romaine

Carrot cake later. :lol:

Comments

• OttawaEgg
    OttawaEgg Posts: 283
    Options
    I slapped a pork butt on the LBGE about 1240am (see progress reports).

Making artichoke / cheese dip for a nibble, and coleslaw and tater salad to go with the pulled pork.

Its father's day - and cookin is my thing!

weeee! :woohoo:
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    what is on my egg.. i haven't the faintest idea..
    the bottomless pits are in charge of dinner the soon to be 28 year old shows up with the food and the recipes he preps.. i help him egg we eat and the younger [25] pit cleans up.. lucky me..
    happy fathers day
    bill

i suspect this will have a prominent roll in tonights celebration

hail017.jpg
  • Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Options
    Lime Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa!

Garlic Rice ( I think )

Klondike Bars for dessert...

Hubby went to play golf and the son will be over around 4:00 ish....

What a great day!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Happy Fathers Day.
    BGESpatchcock006.jpg
    Today is spatched chicken, salad with ho-made thousand island dressing and a few good beers.
    Here's the recipe for the dressing, my favorite.

Egghead Thousand Island Dressing

2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
    1 cup mayo
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup pickle relish
    1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Dash of cracked black pepper
    Dash of ground paprika
    Dash of ground cayenne pepper (optional)

Mix and chill before serving. Makes 2 cups.
    Enjoy!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I'm not a "Father" so I won't be worrying about all that 'fru-fru' stuff. I'll just slap on a couple of steaks and a tater, add some bushes on the side and take a nap afterward.

Who said I "had" to be outside in the heat anyway? Oh wait, I've got a deck demolition project going today. Bad timing. Could'a / Should'a done it back when it was 30° cooler. But then it wouldn't have been half the challenge. Oh wait, I'm not into 'challenges' anymore. Now I'm all confused. Oh wait, 'confuseder.'

Spring "Seeking Simplification In A Complex World" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • ranchonodinero
    Options
    3rd day with the egg and after spatchcock last night, going to try a stuffed pork tenderloin!
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Strictly old-school, Ross in Ventura cheeseburgers, dogs, potato salad, couple other odds n' ends, gonna fire up the large, the mini and the old Kettle :ohmy:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Frank .... in my condition...I'm just cooking a simple Planked Salmon & veggies on the Mini
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    It may be simple but it's outstanding. Simple is often the best way.
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Babybacks are soaking now and will go on the large BGE at Noon. Baked potatoes are going on the small BGE later. After the babybacks are off the large, the Texas toast goes on for a few minutes.

I wanted to be lazy today and cook brats and burgers but the kids wanted ribs. It did not take much arm twisting for me to agree to make ribs for them.

Cheers,

BeerMike
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :ohmy: Leroy, r u sayin your "girls" are illegit??? :blush:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Oh yea... My "Girls." Lily Large, Shirley Small and Maggi Mini (not their real names of course).

Let's just say they were born in a nearby southern country but are now permanent fixtures here at the Chicken Ranch. We acknowledge they are here to keep friends and family happy. Or as they so aptly put it, "Our Pleasure is all yours."

They appear to enjoy their status as much as we enjoy having them here. How could that possibly be illegit???

Spring "Head Egghead" Chicken
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :laugh: well then, Happy Father's Day from "the girls" :woohoo: