Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Greatest Wife

Options
Tony S.
Tony S. Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I came home last night and my wife had purchases me a Large Egg for my birthday.

I opened the box with excitment ... pull the pieces out and looked at them all. The problem was that there were a lot of pieces missing .... fire grate, grill, themometer, bands, handle, damper ... you get the idea ..

Called the store today, and they were surprised ... After several hours, they figured out that BGE has started shipping the stuff differently. They said the rest of the stuff would not be here till Friday. Very dissapointing ...

Kinda think that BGE or someone really dropped the ball... I was thinking that the company sold this to my wife, and they did not even know what they were selling ...

It does not look good for BGE or the retailer ...

Anyway, will just have to wait ....

:(
Manitoba, Canada Large BGE

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    All that comes in a seperate box anyway and they should have known this.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    distributer should comminucate with dealer. Probably BGE is last on the list, honestly
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Both of my eggs came in three boxes each. Sorry to hear your misfortune. Please make sure you file a report with the mothership about the dealer not having sufficient knowledge. I am sure they monitor this somewhat. Good Luck and don't let this discourage you in any way.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Worf,

You are a lucky guy. Couple of days will pass quick. I suggest that you read through all the newbie questions for the last while and you should be good to cook on Friday.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Something sounds odd. If the dealer only had 1 egg in stock to sell then possibly they didn't get, couldn't find, and or didn't know to give those parts to your wife.

I have a hard time thinking that BGE or the Distributor sent an egg without those parts being included to the dealer.

With that in mind, call the dealer and ask them to check their stock area. If they had more than one egg to sell tell them (ask them) for the parts and they can get the missing parts for the next egg they sell or even for a floor sample.

Also, if the dealer has a display egg and you are ok with a floor egg, take that instead of the boxed parts you got.

Sorry you are having to wait.

GG
  • Tony S.
    Options
    I did call them and spoke to them. According to what I was told, they opened all of the other eggs they have and none of them have those parts. I asked those exact questions, and they told me that they have no parts.

BGE did not send them the parts. They were surprised that they did not get the parts, and blamed BGE for the mistake. Told them that they now ship differently.

I will be dropping a line to BGE Canada to inform them of the situation.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Worf,

I didn't realise you were in Canada. What are you missing exactly? Large egg?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Worf,

If you got my e-mail, reply to steveanelson@hotmail.com
    If you didn't, I have two new larges at my shop in Brampton and I can lend you the parts you are missing.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    That is a mighty nice gesture there Steve. My hat is off to you.

Kent
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Kent,

Thanks but I think most of us would do the same given the circumstances. I don't need any of the stuff for a couple of weeks.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I would agree most of probably would, but the fact is your the one who did. :)

Kent
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Kent,

All I know is the guy is in Canada. He might be 3000 miles away.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Tony S.
    Options
    I am just outside of Winnipeg.

Steve ... thanks so much for the offer. It is so nice to see that there are such nice people out there.

Much appreciated.

Tony
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Worf,

Bit of a trip eh?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Tony S.
    Options
    Yeah, just a little ... am just so anxious to give the Egg a go ... have read so much and researched .... wanna cook!!!

Sure am hoping that I can notice a difference in taste form the propane bbq ..

For the price, wife says it had better be out of this world ...
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    You won't have any problems in that department. Welcome aboard. :)
  • BenCour
    BenCour Posts: 62
    Options
    I feel your pain ;) Same thing happened to me last friday, except that the missing box was at the dealer. I had to drive one hour during rush hour to get it. Welcome aboard !

BenCour
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Worf,

I'll guarantee your first cook will convince you. Let the heavy smoke clear before you put the stuff on and you will not believe the difference. As you know "Canadians don't lie" (Gordon Pincent)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    BenCour,

Did you see my response to your first post from today?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BenCour
    BenCour Posts: 62
    Options
    Yes thank you, a little bit earlier in that thread, I had the same discussion with dmewhort. I'm putting the feet before my next cook for sure. I Thanks for the advice.

BenCour
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    What a great wife. Mine got our large this last Christmas. If I were you I'd get her a small for any good reason you can come up with.
  • Tony S.
    Options
    That is funny. I think that with the Egg now and my propance BBQ, that is the end of the line for the cookers.

She just told me a few minutes ago that I will probably use the propane grill way more than the Egg.

I sure hope that she is wrong. ;)
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    We had arranged people to take my gasser before the egg even got here I had so much faith. Glad to see it wasn't misplaced.

Good luck getting your parts.

Doug
  • Tony S.
    Options
    So glad to hear all of this. Am looking forward to the first cook on Saturday.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Put this on the calandar (with your wife) "you won't want to put anything on the gasser after a few cooks on the Egg". The gasser will either store grill tools or go away. Another Egg is only a matter of time.
  • Tony S.
    Options
    I will. Am not looking for a foolproof ribs recipie for the maiden voyage of the Egg. Any suggestions ... Am having the inlaws over and want to impress.
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Although my wife didn't get me an egg, she did get me a custom made cover for my egg at Christmas.

Maybe I should get her to talk to your wife and then she'll buy me an egg too!

Michael
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    For my first cook I watched Fred Bernados' video on cooking burgers on the BGE. Google him. The burgers were the best I've ever had in my life..and my wife agreed! They will knock your socks off!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    For what's worth, when the gear does get there, it will have worth the wait. I haven't had a chance to read the responses yet, but I'm guessing you'll find a pretty loyal following; there IS a reason for that. Welcome to the fold!!!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Worf sorry about your bad news, but in the long run it will be worth the wait. Take your time putting it together and if your not sure of something don't be scared to ask, thats what we are here for to help and enjoy. Good Luck and Happy Egging.