Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Old Favorite: Garlic Parm Basil Chicken

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I haven't done this one in a while, it is such a great warm weather recipe we decided to give it another go. Anyone looking for a way to really pep up some boneless skinless chicken should give this a go.

Ingredients
• 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
• 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• 1/2 cup butter, melted + 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
• 1 Tbs Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
• 2 garlic clove, finely minced
• pinch salt

First, you need to make 2 compound butters. The first is with the melted butter, and add half the fresh basil and half the minced garlic to it. The second is with the softened butter. Add the other half of the basil and garlic to it, and add the parmesan and a touch of salt.

Take your boneless skinless chicken breasts and add the black pepper. Cook indirect at 350-375* for about 20 minutes. Then flip and baste with the first (melted) compound butter. Flip a few more times, basting each time until the chicken is almost done. I like to finish it direct just to crisp it up a bit, but this isn't necessary. If you're a fan of the flavor, adding a little fruit wood to the lump gives it a boost. Tonight I used fig.

After it is done, pull it to a plate and smear a good bit of the second compound butter on, cover with foil, and allow to rest for a few minutes.

Tonight I served with some pesto fettuccine and a caprese salad to which I added a little fresh spinach. I guess tonight's iron chef theme was "basil".

Cooking800.jpg

Done800.jpg

Comments