Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apology to Dizzy Pig & Co.

Options
fiver29
fiver29 Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been very critical here the past couple days of the Dizzy Pig folks. I stand corrected. I didn't follow the instructions they posted regarding a specific rub they were selling. So the fault is my own. Not theirs. Please accept my deepest apologies.

They offered to send me some product at no charge and I am not looking for something for nothing. Should they send something I will pay for it.

They are a stand up company and will have my business for as long as I'm kickin!

I have referred several friends, family, and co-workers to their wonderful line of products and I hope to double or triple that before the end of the year.

John
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hi John.
    No apology necessary. Gail and I were pretty shook up to hear we had an unhappy customer (especially one we'd known for so long), and we're relieved to know it will all be good in the end. We've learned a lot about what can happen if the cat gets out of the bag before official release time! Also a little bit about how communication can always be improved.

Aiming for having it available on the website by tomorrow, and all will be good. Thanks very much for your kind words, and don't worry about it.

Cheers, and happy cookin!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I'm glad to hear everything worked out John. When I saw your post last night I knew there had to be some type of miscommunication.
  • fiver29
    Options
    Nothing but class all the way. Top notch!
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    so after reading this and the other thread, i'm a bit confused. i'm a huge dizzy pig fan, but don't get to the forum enough lately.

how does one purchase the new rub? is there a certain way it has to be done? i want in on this!

also chris.... i've got another case of westys on the way and i haven't forgotten about sending you one.

peace&hops
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    It's up there now!!
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    The Pineapple Head is now listed under the bottle selections on the web site.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Chris,

Visited my local BGE distributor yesterday and there was a whole display of DP rubs. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :silly: :woohoo:

Last time I was there I had given them your web site and I'm glad to see they followed though. Now I have a place to send friends (eggers and non-eggers) who are not regular web-orderers. :)

Madison Fireplace and Patio - Madison, MS

Thanks...
  • deepsouth
    Options
    thanks for the info. will head over to the dp site.
  • fiver29
    Options
    Hey Jason!

I placed my order over there this morning as well. Glad something positive came of this.

I think I have one Westy left from the batch you sent me. That's a damn fine brew if I do say so myself. We may have to work out another trade.

Cheers and Happy Q'ing,
    John
    Strongsville, Ohio

• deepsouth
    Options
    fiver29 wrote:
    Hey Jason!

I placed my order over there this morning as well. Glad something positive came of this.

I think I have one Westy left from the batch you sent me. That's a damn fine brew if I do say so myself. We may have to work out another trade.

Cheers and Happy Q'ing,
    John

heck yeah john. i'll have an extra or two. i'll hit you up after i get them.
  • kjed
    kjed Posts: 55
    Options
    Awesome! Who's got recipes?