Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Butt Question

Options
BobbyG
BobbyG Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Eggers,
I'm fairly experience with the egg. I'm cooking 14lbs of Pork over night and expect it to be done around lunch on Saturday. I was watching some of the BBQ shows on Food TV channel and many of the cooks were using a "finishing" Sauce on their pulled pork.[p]My question is do any of you use a "finishing sauce and can you give me some direction of how to prepare and use the sauce.[p]Thanks,
BobbyG

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BobbyG,
    You mean a finishing sauce like one to brush on at the end?? I wouldn't bother. I think sauce for pulled pork is served best on the side. If you have only one sauce, and all your guests want sauce, then drizzle it on the pulled product. IMO the best thing is to have several choices available, and let folks choose and dump on their sandwiches themselves.[p]Enjoy the cook!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BobbyG
    BobbyG Posts: 67
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    It was not so much of a sauce as a vinegar based mixture of some sort that I saw some people drizzling on their fresh pulled pork and then toss to mix through the meat. It looked pretty good. Don't get me wrong, the PP is great, but this egg/BBQ thing is a great journey.[p]Have a great weekend !
    BobbyG

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    BobbyG,
    Here's a good link to check out

[ul][li]Regional Sauces[/ul]