Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brand new BGE!!!!!!

inspired
inspired Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just purchased a medium BGE from Ace Hardware. I had to purchase the floor model because they didn't have any others. I watched the DVD when I got home and it stated that there is a cookbook that came with your BGE....I didn't get a cookbook. So now I am wondering if I received all the parts to my BGE??? What exactly should I have received?

Comments

• Geo
    Geo Posts: 53
    The parts are: Egg dome and base, fire box,bands, fire ring, DFT, ceramic cap, temp gauge,cookbook/manual,dvd, coal grate and cooking grate are the parts you should have.
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Don't feel bad about not getting the cookbook. Its only use is to tear out the pages to use to start your fire. Just look to the Forum for recipes.

Should get daisy wheel, ash tool, thermometer, ceramic cap, grill, grate that holds lump from falling down into the bottom of the Egg.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    You can check my website ( linked below ) for many cookbooks based on the BGE, there are also some videos on the BGE website..the cookbook that used to come with the egg met a lot of controversy from egg users here on the forum...your best bet is to ask or search here, but if you check my website you will see the majority of what I have to offer comes from here or Eggfest's..
  • inspired
    Thank you everyone! I did not get a ceramic cap, ash tool, or cookbook. I guess I should call Ace tomorrow and let them know?
  • I don't believe the ash tool is standard issue, at least not from most dealers. The ceramic cap, however, is usually part of the deal. I would ask your dealer. Welcome to egging, your world is about to change.
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    FIRST and FOREMOST, Congrats on the new addition! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    AS far as the the cookbook, I don't think I ever even looked in mine. This forum has all the answers you could think of. CHeck these post for website with great recipes.
    http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=452251&catid=1
    http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=438656&catid=1
    There is alot of info there. :cheer:
    I think the question of what should be in the box is answered. :)
    Congrats again !!! ;)B)
  • HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    DVD?

I din't get no stinkin' dvd.
    oh... you mean that vhs thingy?

:whistle:
    HS
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Did you get a registration card to send to BGE, Tucker, GA?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Here is a link to the parts of the egg.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/components.html

If you scroll down the page you will see details on each part.

You should have gotten a video (the DVE) and instruction manual (contains some recipes). Make sure you got a spark screen or the lower vent.

If the Ace store can't provide any of this then call BGE explain what you didn't get and either ACE or BGE will/should get them for you.

My dealer, and I have read other posts, where dealers toss in a bag of lump an ash tool. Some will also toss in a grid lift.

You will need an ash tool or you can make one. RRP here on the forum has made a couple of nice looking home made ash tools.

Spend some time reading The Naked Whiz's (TNW)web site a link is in the link that usc1321 posted above.

Specifically, read the section on temperature control and flashback's. If you can't find them then post again and ask for direct links.

For a grid lift took I really like my thirdhand made by thirdeye here on the forum. Before getting my thirdhand I used the ash tool to lift the grid.

Here is the link to thrideye's site he has a lot of recipes and also some instructions. http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/

Don't forget the recipe section here on the forum.

If you need/want the recipes in the owners manual let us know.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    That is usually in the owners manual.

GG
  • As far as the recipes they are on the web site but what you need is the warranty registration card which is in the cook book. Just call the mother ship and they will get you one sent out.
  • inspired
    No registration card!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Make sure you keep your receipt in your 'important papers' stack/folder. I haven't sent in my registration yet (2 yrs) and BGE has resolved some warranty issues for me.

However, I would want the owners manual if it were me.

Just a phone call should take care of things for you.

GG
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    If you didn't get the book, you probably didn't get the warranty information. You'll definately want to read through that.

Mine also had three little feet. No ash tool, but you will likely want the ceramic cap. I have found it seals more tightly than the daisy dealy which helps put the fire out quicker which helps save lump!

And welcome. Happy cookin'. Someone asked me today about selling them my gasser. I asked where I would store all my Egg stuff. I'll have to think that through. :woohoo:
  • Grandpas Grub
    If you don't sell it you will wish you did. I have already passed that point in my egglife.

Inspired needs to get all that comes with the egg, no exceptions.

I bought a small and mini that were aparantly old dealer stock. Neither had a spark screen. I called BGE and they sent them out to me.

GG
  • inspired
    :) Thank you, thank you, thank you! Ya'all been sooo nice and helpful! I will make a phone call tomorrow to BGE and get my ceramic cap, warranty card. I look forward to my first use! I will let everyone know how it goes!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Don't wait to start cooking. When you shut down get some foil and put over the dome then put the DFMT over that and that should seal about as well as the ceramic cap.

GG
  • Forget the cookbook. You will find far better receipes on the forums. Pitty the poor person that swiped the cookbook and is now trying to do these cooks on a propane grill :evil: