Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nights cook 3-2-1 ribs and ABT'S!

Options
Harleydog77
Harleydog77 Posts: 217
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are a few pics of last nights cook. I was really impressed with the results. I made a rub of paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, turbinado sugar, ancho chili powder, chipotle chili powder, onion flakes, and celery seed. I rubbed the ribs 24 hours before the cook, and let them hang out in the refrigerator. For the ABT filling I mixed cream cheese, minced elephant garlic, minced shallot, kosher salt, fresh black pepper, shrimp, and dizzy dust. Everything turned out pretty great.

6 racks of ribs on the large egg
DSCF1087.jpg

ABT's ready to go on when the ribs come off with a delicious bottle of Downtown Brown in the background.
DSCF1089.jpg

Ribs on the egg for 1 hour
DSCF1090.jpg

Ribs on the egg for 2 hours
DSCF1091.jpg

Ribs on the egg for 3 hours (just pre foil)
DSCF1093.jpg

3 racks on the egg glazing
DSCF1094.jpg

3 racks ready for serving glazed with some delicious medium razor back rib sauce
DSCF1095.jpg

ABT's on the egg for desert
DSCF1097.jpg

Overall a very successful cook last night. Pretty good night

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Looking good!! And the fit was just perfect. Another 1/2 inch longer on those ribs and you would need an XL.

Faith
    Tampa
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Harleydog77
    Options
    I am glad that they fit. I'm sure that I could have figured something out if they were a little longer. Everything turned out very good, and I got rave reviews from my guests which is always nice. My sister who absolutely hates ribs ate a half rack, and told my dad (who's ribs she wont eat) that my ribs were way better than his.
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
  • Harleydog77
    Options
    It was! By far my best cook on the egg yet!
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Any left overs? What time is lunch?
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    "told my dad (who's ribs she wont eat) that my ribs were way better than his.[/quote]"

Hey these eggs are suppose to bring the family together, not drive a wedge :laugh: :laugh:
  • Harleydog77
    Options
    I actually had 3 of the 6 racks left over, but I sent most of the leftovers home with my guests. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake.
  • Harleydog77
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah but think about how strong the family bond will be when my dad HAS to get an egg! :P :P :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Picked up three racks to do tomorrow. I am trying to wow a man. I'll plank some taters and grilled asparagus.
    I hope it works. I've only done ribs once on the med, they were great. Put these on the large tomorrow
    Yours looks fantastic. I wish I had some carnivore sauce. I'll have to make do with what I have on hand.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Harleydog77
    Options
    I've never tried Carnivore Sauce. I really like the Razorback Rib sauce that I have been using lately. I should probably try the Carnivore. Everyone seems to be raving about it.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Looks like all that effort paid off congrats!!!
  • Harleydog77
    Options
    It sure did. Thank you!
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Picked up three racks to do tomorrow. I am trying to wow a man. I'll plank some taters and grilled asparagus.
    I hope it works. I've only done ribs once on the med, they were great. Put these on the large tomorrow
    Yours looks fantastic. I wish I had some carnivore sauce. I'll have to make do with what I have on hand.
    Molly

Depending on whats for dessert, may be the deciding factor on if he's gonna be WOWED :)

Boomer...
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Already thought of that :laugh: and thought and..... :evil:
    Wish me luck!! I'm gonna use two different rubs, yum!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Hamilton
    Hamilton Posts: 115
    Options
    Hey Molly, I "wow" easy, but then....I'm gettin' old. :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Hehe! Anytime, my place Hamilton!! :laugh:
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Nice lookin'dinner :)
  • Harleydog77
    Options
    Thanks. It tasted delicious!