Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Jerky

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
AllJerky.jpg
<p />After about 13 hours on the grill, the Jerky is almost ready. In the picture it is on a brown paper bag where it will remain until morning. Have a great evening!

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Wow, that looks great. I showed the pic to my husband and he wants me to make some. What cut of beef & cure did you use?[p]Cathy
  • Gfw
    Options
    Cat, today it was 6lbs of Round Tip Roast. While I cut it my self so that I could follow the grain, most butchers will also cut it for you. The recipe is posted in the NEW RECIPE SECTION as "River City Beef Jerky" - I didn't have any soy sauce so I substitued "Dales STeak Sauce" -- for more pictures and past Qs check ou the link below - use the search option and ask for JERKY - you'll find a few more pictures!

• JavaBen
    JavaBen Posts: 35
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Links didn't make it :-([p]Ben

• Gfw
    Options
    Thanks JavaBen -- link that didn't make it!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ Site[/ul]
  • db
    db Posts: 103
    Options
    Gfw, I did some last week. I also was out of Soy sauce so I used worcestershire and 1 bottle of A1 steak sauce. I gave a months supply to a friend and he ate it in a week. Gonna make some more tomorrow. I used a rump roast and my butcher wouldn't slice it. He said they can't put raw meat on the slicer. Againt government regs. Smoked with cherry for 4 to 5 hrs then finished in the oven.