Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Del, This bud's for you

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some hangers on the mini

DSC_0058-2-1.jpg

DSC_0059-4.jpg

DSC_0065-4.jpg

DSC_0066-5.jpg
This is mine
DSC_0068-5.jpg

You won't regret this one bud!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks like it needed to hang another minute or two :laugh: top pick looks perfect.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    da da dam they look great! Now all I have to do is try to find some :unsure:
    They go by any other name?

Thank You
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Man, those look great.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Steve old buddy, the hangers look fantastic! How did you know that broccoli is my favorite vegetable. Can you deliver that meal to me personally, I'm hungry.

Steve, please stop putting all the kitchen remodel ideas and gadgets and now a MINI egg in Anne's head. She does really well on her own. No help needed...BUD. She's on the forum so much she doesn't even have time to use ANY of this stuff she buys. I've actually had to start prepping our meals (her job) besides cooking it on the egg. I've went from a 2 man team to a one man show.

BTW-Anne was off work ALL last week shopping and at the spa,just living the USUAL life as Princess Reelgem. I am looking forward to meeting Norma someday. Then I can bring Norma up to speed just how pampered Anne's life truly is and what she's missing out on. Just ask my daughter, she says I spoil Anne rotten. You need to back off and give Norma some freedom, time off and much more spending money. That poor thing, I feel terrible for her. I pray that you'll take this to heart and start treating her like Princess Reelgem is treated.

How long before before you can deliver your beautiful meal here. I'm still starving.

P.S. Bring lots of cash, I need it to pay for all your ideas. Also, I have to work so much more to be able to provide all these things that you kindly suggested that I never even have an opportunity to converse on the forum. Looking forward to seeing you in Ocala bud.
  • Coacher
    Coacher Posts: 22
    Options
    loco,

I've heard it called "Butcher's Steak". I live in the Tulsa area of Oklahoma and unfortunately, I seldom see it at my grocery store.

Regards,
    Bobby
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Del!
    It's 4:30 in the morning, can't sleep, and that is about the funniest thing I've read.

Don't work to hard. But I am jealous as hell that yall get to go to Ocala too! Put Anne to work. She's really, really good at pouring tequila.

Heee!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Little Steven
    Options
    loco_engr,

They are called hanging tender, butcher steak, ugly steak and New York steak sometimes. Good luck

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Del,

Our friends call Norma "The Queen". I don't know if there is any more pampering space available.
    Glad to hear you are doing the cooking. I truly hope your remodeling job doesn't cost you too much. The mini is actually a money saving purchase. :blush:

See you in Ocala Buddy

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,

Thanks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GB Packers Fan
    Options
    We'll miss you in Ocala but Waldorf isn't too far off. Looking forward to seeing you.

BTW- Princess Reelgem does pour a mean shot of tequilla.
  • GB Packers Fan
    Options
    Well Steve, now we've got Queen Norma and Princess Reelgem.:)

Thanks for your concerns about my remodeling costs. In addition thanks for letting Anne know about the sous vide machine. She's been reading and fw'ding me all kinds of info on it. What a great BUD you are. You know the old saying about paybacks.

And by all means the "Mini" is a real money saving purchase, just don't tell her how much you love your XL or I'm going to have to make a trip to Toronto. With BUD's like you, who needs enemies.

All joking aside look forward to seeing you in Ocala. It's a REAL shame Norma won't be there. I was really looking forward to talking to her. :)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Steve, the ugly steaks we get here are flap meat. -RP
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Del,

The sous-vide machine wasn't me. She came up with that one on her own. now the induction cooktop and the 48" Wolf range were. The mini, uh... I was talking to somebody else so it's only partially my fault.
    Besides, now that you are doing all the cooking you'll be grateful for how quick the induction works and how quickly the mini is ready. Heck I did you a favour here.
    You will have time to prep and make dinner, clean, do the dishes and still get an hour of TV in. Trust me you'll be thanking me for this one day. :whistle:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    i think i need to get myself a mini!! Sandy is gonna flip when i say honey my egg gave birth to a little one!! :woohoo:
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I should've tried that one. Darn, never thought of that. That would've been so cute and what a surprise when Del found a mini next to the large. I wonder if the large is capable of giving birth to an XL? :woohoo:
  • GB Packers Fan
    Options
    Oh no, no, no Steve. Nice try, Anne didn't even know they made an sous vide machine until you enlightened her.
    We're headed toward $10,000 pal, bud, compadre, friend.
    Wolf range $5000 - $6000
    Sous vide machine - $1000
    Induction cooktop - $2000
    Mini egg - $300

At this rate I may have to cancel my trip to Ocala. I'll need to stay here and start selling flowers from off of graves on the side of the road for extra income.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Randy,

Is that right? That was how I was first able to get the butcher to figure out what they were. We have a lot of differrent names here eh?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Dell,

The Wolf should be 12,000 at least. Mine was 16,000 CDN. I think you have the price for the exhaust hood there. By the way, they reccommend 1200 BTU for that. You probably need to consider a good sized air make up unit so your fireplaces don't blow flames out the front. That shouldn't be much with you being in the business and all.
    I guess I'll take the blame for the sous-vide then. Really quite cheap by comparison.
    On the Wolf, they do have a 60" model. Surprisingly it's only twice the money the 48" is. Do you want to let Anne know about that or shall I? ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON