Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING: Nature Boy

Options
mule
mule Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Chris,
Did 85 pounds of Dizzy Pig pulled pork last weekend for my son's Fire Academy lunch today.
Did the Coca-cola slow reheat - got rave reviews. Everyone loved it - and man, those guys can eat!!!

cheers,
mule

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Mule. Glad the cook went well, and what a great cause to cook for those that put the fires out in our houses and businesses we love so much. When you need these people....well, you NEED them. It's a job as dangerous as it gets, but so glad we have these dedicated souls. And they do love their BBQ.

Glad the rub worked out well for you all.

Okay, if you don't mind my asking, I am not familiar with the coca cola slow reheat.

Thanks for the report!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    Put the pork in aluminum pans, reheat it slowly in the oven at low temperature.
    Pour Coca-cola on the meat to keep it moist.
    Cover with foil. It really does a great job of keeping it moist and you can't taste any Coke flavor at all. I also like to shake on a generous supply of Dizzy Dust to spice it up and give it that "just pulled" taste!!! Kind of like tossing a salad!!
    I'm sure others can give you better info, but this is what works for me.
    By the way, I love the option of getting the Dizzy Dust in "bulk" form!!!

mule