Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mustard on ribs

Options
Inksmyth
Inksmyth Posts: 308
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried blueshog mustard sauce for the mustard rub on ribs before you cook them?

Comments

• ColoradoCook
    Options
    Nope, but was always taught by these guys to always use cheap yellow mustard, anything more than that is wasting good mustard. It's just for a crust and it takes on the flavor of rub, meat juices, and smoke. Is it good stuff for sammiches?
  • IndependentGrocer
    Options
    I use plain ole French's mustard. I mix my rubs and spices into the mustard and let it brew awhile. I brush about 3/4 of the mustard mix on my meat. To the extra mustard I add OJ or apple juice and stir it up for some good basting sauce for the endcook. Give it a try!
  • Inksmyth
    Inksmyth Posts: 308
    Options
    I always use the american mustard.
    I bought this stuff and don't really care for it as a sauce but thought it might work on ribs. Don't want to waste a slab to find out! :sick:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Then don't use it on ribs. Have you tried a pork tenderloin? I kind of liked that, also I used it on chicken cordon bleu and it wasn't awful. :ohmy: I'm not that fond of it either though. If you missed my earlier posts, hope you can make it Pec Fest. Having a get together at house on June 20th.

Mike