Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Chicken Stew

Options
Bluecrab3
Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last week, my wife charged me with coming up with an out-of-the-box Mexican chicken recipe. After searching around for ideas, I came up with the following:

Coated chicken breasts with JH Fajita/Cilantro Rub, and then flash-seared for 2-3 minutes a side:
Egg026.jpg

Then into the dutch skillet with crushed tomatoes, rotel tomatoes, black beans, corn, onion, green bell pepper, more JH, and the chicken...Already looking good:

Egg028.jpg

On to the EGG for around an hour and 15 minutes at 350.
Egg029.jpg
Egg030.jpg

Finished product...coated with more JH (I like a kick), MJack Cheese, and fresh cilantro. Put on top of Spanish
rice. DELICIOUS and different!!
Egg035.jpg

Comments

• Hsbldr1
    Hsbldr1 Posts: 225
    Options
    wow that sounds like a keeper. chicken and mexican my wife and kids will absolutly love it.
  • SoDakEgger
    Options
    Check out any cookbook by Rick Bayless for more interesting ideas and inspiration. Rick owns one of the best restaurants in Chicago: Frontera Grill and Topolabampo. One of the best margaritas you'll ever put in your mouth. You'll hear a lot more about him in the coming years, even though he's been on the scene for a while. Turns out the POTUS is a Bayless fan.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    Hsbldr1 wrote:
    wow that sounds like a keeper.

It sure does - we need an "official" recipe (at least the proper quantities) of tomato, veggies, and beans, etc. please.

Looks like you also cut the chicken into smaller pieces after searing and before going into the pot?
    Egging in Crossville, TN