Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nomex Gasket

Options
Rad
Rad Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok I'm new to this so bear with me. I just burned my gasket up and thanks to Frank I'm quick on my way to repalcing it with nomex. I read about the rutland mod and like the mod just don't like the material. How about Nomex Braid? Look at this site http://cableorganizer.com/nomex/
expensive yes. But only one gasket to replace. All the advantages of the Rutland but nomex. Pro's/ Con's? Not saying to do it just asking. If you can use flat Nomex around food couldn't you use Braided? Unless there is a fiber issue. Anybody with an opinion please let me know.
BTW has anyone ever used High Temp silicone to form a seal. Squirt it on the lip of the egg use spacers cover the lid lip with plastic wrap set it on there and let it dry. We used to build motor gaskets that way. Haven't really thought it through just a thought. Veteran opinions appreciated. And yes I am working on a better mouse trap :laugh:

Comments