Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little Nacho action

Options
DawnC
DawnC Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to give some Chicken Nachos a try last night. Wanted to make them worthy of being a meal rather than an appetiser, so started out by doing some smoked chicken thighs:

A little marinade, I used olive oil, fresh lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
451945303_aNP4j-M.jpg

All marinated up.... OH, forgot to mention most important part of the marinade... Tequila!
451945302_d4ieR-M.jpg

Set the chicken in the fridge and got the egg ready to go. I wanted to try to get a little smokey on this, so set down to 200ish and added some wood, then in the egg it went:
451945301_zwRXw-M.jpg

Since I was using thighs, I let them cook cook cook for about 4 hours. Pulled them out and they were exactly what I wanted... easy to pull from the bones, smokey, and very juicy. Shedded and chopped them up into smaller pieces for nachos:
451945306_8Tzs7-M.jpg

Now I build up nacholand... I used chicken, cheese, black olives, black beans, tomatoes, and cilantro. I considered jalepenos, but decided to wait for a later date on that.
451945309_KmSWP-M.jpg

Bumped the egg up to about 350, and in they went. I left them in for about 30 minutes, as I had made several layers and wanted to be sure they got cooked all they way through.

Prepped some salsa/guacamole in the meantime.
451945313_hHmF3-S.jpg

Pulled them out, served with appropriate accompaniments:
451945312_xM3uH-M.jpg

And that's it! I didn't manage to get a picture when we pulled them out of the egg, somehow they started to disappear almost instantly. Just image the earlier pic with the cheese melted.

This is our 5th cooking effort on the egg since getting it last weekend, and we are very happy with our results thus far

Comments