Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's cookin in Tempe this weekend?

AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Kim is doing ClayQ's hodag cookies and her famous rum cake. I'm doing some stuffed Fritos, grilled polish sausage, and some spicy grilled pineapple on the half shell. My grandaughter is going to make smores on the mini. -RP

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    That sounds like a great lineup Randy! I can't believe we won't be able to be there. Next year I'll be planning way in advance for it.- Anne
  • AZRP
    I'm waiting for your report and pics of the steak and eggs. -RP
  • How many cooks do you think they will have? Wish I was headed southwest in a day or so.

Mike
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    I've spoken with a couple of people that don't visit the forum. Several of the items are a turkey, ribs, home made hot dogs, burgers, and my fiance is making some veggie burgers :ermm: for someone she works with that made the ridiculous decision to be a vegetarian.

We are still taking registrations and if you show up the day of the event we should be good. The final order goes in tomorrow for the Big Green Eggs and accessories so let me know if anyone needs anything.
  • AZRP
    Talked to Scott tonight, he said he had 35 cooks, and he has already sold 16 of the Eggs, pretty good for the first time around. -RP
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Uh, AZRP, I was wrong on the Egg count. We're at 11 confirmed with 3 people that have said they are planning on it but haven't sent in the form. We are at 35 cooks though cooking on 20 Eggs with possibly a few smalls or minis fired up for sides. It should be a great first year event and it can only get better.
  • EggZona
    EggZona Posts: 108
    I'm doin some ABT's, Crab stuffed Mushrooms and maybe some chickens to start it off! If that all disapears I was thinking about some sliders.
  • AZRP
    Well we are certainly looking forward to your event and hope we can help in any way. -RP
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I'm having problems with my pictures. It takes so long to download one by one. It said hold Ctrl to copy mulitiple pictures and I can't do it. It would take forever to do them one by one. Any suggestions?
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    If you're using photo bucket there is a Uploader at the top right of the page, it works well and yes you can do several pictures at once.

Hope that helps.
    Bordello
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Well, I'll have the brisket there for the brisket class. That's around 11. Going to do the infamous leg of lambie. Was GOING to do some pineapple spears, but looks like pineapple is covered by AZRP so I'll have to come up with something exotic, yeasty, fruity, and acidulous (I learned those big words at a wine tasting thing and they seem to apply to almost everything).

mShark
  • that's good on the veggie burgers...I'll make sure my daughter gets a taste.
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Scott,

If the experience of the folks at Outdoor Home is any indicator, you don't have anything to worry about. At the beginning of the week of their EGGsravaganza, they had just over half their Eggs spoken for. By Friday they were sold out of demos and had folks in line to pay full pop for new ones at the event.