Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Can Chicken

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have recipe, time and temp for Beer Can Chicken. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Mark,
    Sorry, this is off topic. Cybersex and killing cows is all that is allowed today. :-) [p]I hope someone reponds. I'd like to try one tonight. I've been spatchcocking chickens all my Egg-life and they take up a lot of real estate on the grill. For a large gathering, standing them up on end seems like a more efficient use of space.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Mark,[p]Here is a link to one.[p]Jethro
    [ul][li]Beer Butt Chicks[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    bbchicken.jpg
    <p />Mark,
    Take 2 cans of beer for each chicken, dispose of one the way you see fit and place the bird on top of the other. I use dizzy pig orginal rubbed all over the bird. I cook around 300-325, depends on how many you cook for time.
    I have had 4 on at once. When taking the birds off be careful, that the beer will be hot, don't need to get scalded.
    Good luck,[p]CWM

• El Jefe
    El Jefe Posts: 96
    Options
    Mark,
    I always open a 12 oz. beer can, drink about half (or the whole thing, just fill it half way with water). Carefully cut off the top of the can.[p]I put some minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, maybe some basil leaves, poulty or cajun seasoning, or anything else you like in the can. (Try a little liquid seafood boil if you have any).[p]I also "inject" the chicken with a butter/garlic powder mix. Cover the chicken with a dry rub (I just use cajun seasoning). [p]Stick the can up the chicken's south end and place on the pit. Should almost fall apart after 2-3 hours. [p]I do one or two just about every weekend and use the leftovers for a gumbo. Mighty fine I must say.

• DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Options
    Mark,[p]I use the Dizzy Pig rub, like CWM. My experience has been that putting the rub UNDER the skin produces much better results. Also, I put a couple tbsp's in the half full beer can.[p]I cook around 250, pull at 170 internal and let steam wrapped in foil for about thirty minutes. Personally, I think it is one of the best items we've made on the egg. Always a crowd pleaser! [p]Good luck and hope this helps.[p]DrEgg