Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got myself a Small BGE!

Options
Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My husband gave me a gift of a small BGE yesterday to go along with my large BGE! The sad part is I only received part of the egg. He ordered it from Soundcedar.com and the egg arrived damaged from UPS. Soundcedar is replacing the bottom half which was shattered. The bad news is that the small egg is on back order until late January! I guess there must have been plenty of small's purchased during this holiday season!

Comments

• Roy Fraser
    Options
    Peggy,
    Tell your dealer that this is causing you a lot of distress and the only thing that will make it any better is for him to throw in the new hinge which wil be for sale next week. Tell him you think that this might help with some of the mental anguish that this has caused. I took my small to my parents for XMAS and cooked a 5lb. turkey breast smoked with alder wood and coated in Dizzy Pigs Tusanmi Spin and it was great. Good luck and congrats on the small. You will really like it. Pigtail

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Peggy,[p]I probably have a week or more till my small gets here. If it is unavailable until January, well, January is really next week...so not THAT big a deal. Meanwhile you can plot and plan all the yum things you're going to do. Like on today's list is buy more charcoal.[p]Good luck with your small. I can't WAIT!!![p]mShark
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Peggy,
    You are going to love your small - we certainly love ours. In fact, I find that I use it more, now, than my large. If your small had to be back ordered, it might come with the new hinge - if they include the hinge with the bottom. If not, I'm inclined to agree with Pigtail - they should throw in the new hinge just for your inconvenience. Good luck with your new small!