Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pity Party - What R U Cookin?

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the board is pretty quiet considering the entire Egging world (outside of 48 members and 83 guests at this point) is in Hotlanta.

Thought I would find out what everyone is cooking. Me?

A co-worker brought me a variety of peppers from his garden this week - beauties!

IMG_0737.jpg

I've been wanting to try a Jamaican Jerk recipe for awhile, and those habaneros were screaming for it. So I grabbed another firend's recipe and whipped up 2 chickens worth of wings, thighs and breasts and they've been marinating for 28 hours and counting.

IMG_0738.jpg

Planning to go high direct high in the dome in the 275 range with hickory and apple wood for a couple hours, then crank things up to 350ish to crisp things up.

I'll post results and recipe later if it's any good.

So what are YOU cooking?

Comments

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    I have 15 pounds of brisket points I am smoking later for some burnt ends for tomorrows NFL games.
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Options
    Today is my sons Bday and he wanted ribs. 3 slabs of baby backs. Mike

DSC00697.jpg
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Nice lookin peppers, ours are still growing like weeds, Just planted our second season of tomatos last weekend. As far as this afternoons cook, a 6lb turkey breast. Have a good day, Brett :)
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Sirloin tri-tip tonight on medium BGE. We'll eat early enough to watch a 7:00 pm kick-off for a local team. :)

Tomorrow is pot roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and turnip done in a broth of beef stock, red wine, and El Pato spicy tomato sauce. This will be done in a Lodge dutch oven on the medium BGE.

During half-time this evening, I'll prepare bread dough to rise overnight and to go into the oven in an enamel cast iron dutch oven at about 10:00 am. I haven't decided exactly what kind of bread, but I'm leaning toward a mixture of 70% bread flour and 30% whole wheat flour with some chopped toasted pecans and some diced sun-dried tomatoes mixed in with the dough.

Hook 'Em
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Just soup for me today and hot toddys. Tomorrow 2 whole chickens that have been marinating in mojo for 2 days and 4 fatties.
    Hope I feel better!
    Happy eating and football!!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Rush
    Rush Posts: 19
    Options
    Two racks of baby backs with regular DP and Redeye Express. Then when they come off I am putting in the pizza stone and making two pizzas.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Hey Brad, I did the 9lb butt, 4 pizzas, a round of ABT's & some Shrimp Lejon, kind of slacked :unsure: on the pictures however, took a post-eating (& drinking :laugh: ) picture of the table from a bad angle :blink: with bad lighting :huh: , the pork is in the crock pot, what's left of the appetizers on the tray, & the pie is gone:

IMG_1907.jpg

But we had fun playing in the fire :evil: :evil: :

IMG_1902.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Options
    Steaks and corn on the cob for tonight. How do you cook corn on the cob that has been taken out of the husk? :ohmy:

Tomorrow I will cook a whole chicken for next week and then tomorrows dinner is salmon with corn on the cob again. I bought 5 ears at the local farmers market. It was cheap. ;)
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    Grill Mama,
    I will do corn out of the husk wrapped in aluminum foil , along with butter/margarine and the spices of your choosing - personally I love a little JH Pecan or Slap Ya Mama! Good luck
  • Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Options
    Thanks! I will do the aluminum foil with slap yo mama!

That sounds great! About how long in the foil?
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    Bevo getting creative this weekend! Good luck on tonite's game - I'll be rooting for the Horns.

Bevo wrote:
    Sirloin tri-tip tonight on medium BGE. We'll eat early enough to watch a 7:00 pm kick-off for a local team. :)

Tomorrow is pot roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and turnip done in a broth of beef stock, red wine, and El Pato spicy tomato sauce. This will be done in a Lodge dutch oven on the medium BGE.

During half-time this evening, I'll prepare bread dough to rise overnight and to go into the oven in an enamel cast iron dutch oven at about 10:00 am. I haven't decided exactly what kind of bread, but I'm leaning toward a mixture of 70% bread flour and 30% whole wheat flour with some chopped toasted pecans and some diced sun-dried tomatoes mixed in with the dough.

Hook 'Em
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    We cooked Adobo Chicken and a dump cake today. I'm gonna cook up some Eggribs tonight.
  • Curbs
    Curbs Posts: 11
    Options
    Some Saint Looees:

Spares2.jpg

And a side of:

Grand.jpg

Only my 4th rib cook. Gonna go 3-1-1 with 3 of them, and try the fourth without foil just to see the difference. Dome's been solid 240 for 3 hrs. I think the trimmins are ready to snack on!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Had the tenderloin thawed that I talked about the other day and hubby called me at work and said we are having beef tomorrow night, lobsters tonight. he picked up 3 for the two of us one was 2 lbs and the others were just under. the 2 pouders are 5.50 a pound right now and they are some sweet! and we had the left over smoked Gouda mashed potatoes from last night and slaw. stuffed! yummy dinner with a few ice cold beers.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Tonight I smoked some turkey legs. Sorry no pics but trust me they turned out great. Now I'm preparing to do my first brisket. Wish me luck.
  • rpurkey
    rpurkey Posts: 20
    Options
    Brad...let's see the results!!! that looks like something i want to put on an upcoming menu!

me...i was 'volunteered' to cook 228 hotdogs at a Church Family Hayride with Stegall and Paul M.