Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Brisket

Roll Tider
Roll Tider Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got an 8.5 pound brisket on with 250 dome temp, indirect with my brand spankin' new DigQ II. It's been on for only 3 hours and is already up to 188 degrees. I was planning on it cooking all night.

Is something wrong? I've moved my probe around but still get these temps.

Yes, it is my first brisket.

Comments

• I had the same thing happen but the meat ended up staying at the same temp for svrl. hours...it turned out fine. :) Good luck. If you are a Bama fan, which I bet you are- Hope you beat up on AK tomorrow...Next Saturday, look out, should be a great time in Athens!
  • Thanks!

Yeah, next weekend should be a great game. Two SEC road games in a row are tough.
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Is this a brisket flat? im assuming it is not a whole packer brisket but just the flat based on the weight. Flats can go pretty quick but that seems pretty fast but as Bulldawgegger says, sometimes they will chug at that temp for quite a while but usually a litter lower around 165 in the plateau. i would wrap it in foil around 190 or so to keep it from drying out too much
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    What was the outcome? I've never seen one do that at those pit temps.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery