Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BRisket in the Rain

Options
Edemitch
Edemitch Posts: 196
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's my Anti-Hanna Stoker set up
DSCN3241.jpg
DSCN3242.jpg
DSCN3243.jpg
We've gotten 3+ inches of rain so far. See ash bucket filled with water
DSCN3244.jpg
Fire is lit and stoker is functioning
stoker.jpg
7.5 lb Brisket ready to go on
DSCN3245.jpg

Hope it all works out. I have a crowd coming for opening day!
J-E-T-S- JETS JETS JETS

Ed

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    That is dedication bro, so how is Favre going to fare in the opener? Gotta love him, however, I must say E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles :laugh: :laugh:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Edemitch
    Options
    Being a Jets fan for a long time, he will probably smack his arm on someones helmet and bust it on the first play. He will then miss the rest of the season!.
    Seriously, it doesn't matter who the players are they always play the Dolphins tough. As for the rest of the season,. we'll see.

Ed

PS Good luck to your Eagles
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Good Luck - and hope it is good and you dry out.

See the "Stoker Log" going there. I use that software all the time to run my Stoker.

I got my Stoker on a wireless LAN. Put the wireless bridge in the same plastic box with the Stoker.. Generally I save the data of each cook.

20080830%20stoker%20in%20plastic.jpg
  • Edemitch
    Options
    Have you been able to connect to the stoker from outside your network? I haven't been able to. From what I've been reading I need to be able to do port translation and my Linksys router doesn't have the capability.
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    This is almost depressing. Not only had to deal with Hanna, but had to help my sister-in-law move into a new home. Carried furniture & boxes throughout all of the heavy rain. Of course, when we were finished, the rain stopped. :ermm: Didn't cook on the egg today. Using the weber Q at the Eagles tomorrow. No cooking on the egg this week 'cause I'm out every night. However, I'm going to my first Eggfest Saturday. :cheer: I'll finally get to use the BGE next Sunday. :cheer:

Hopefully, the Eagles will win tomorrow. :woohoo:
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Edemitch
    DSCN2301.jpg
    It doesn't rain that much in So Cal. But you got to love cooking in the rain!
    Ross
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Ed, thanks for the well wishes, with your analysis of injury potential, you'd fit right in as an Eagles fan
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    I never tried til your question but just enabled port forwarding for my stoker IP address. I opened port 80 for the ip address that my routers DHCP server assigned to the stoker. I then accessed my Stoker via my mobile phone worked first time.

I have a Linksys router so it you have the same you can use the picture at the bottom of this link to set it. Here is the link....

Stoker setup - TVWB - Auto Temp Controller

Let me know if you have any questions - this is pretty cool and will activate this feature when I am doing a long cook!!! Thanks for asking this is eggzelent.