Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurricane Gustav Update

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is not a good thing...

HurricaneGustofprojectedpath.gif

Spring "There's Got To Be A Way To Stop Hurricanes" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Wasted Words
    Options
    No sir, especially since it seems to be cranking up to a Cat 3.
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    When was the last time a hurrican hit that area in a October?
    ST
  • Big Easy Egg
    Options
    Watching so many storms in the past, these slow movers tend to put eveyone to sleep and then all of a sudden it is upon us. I hope everyone in south Louisiana and south Texas is watching closely.

Jimmy
    Come visit NOLA
  • Wasted Words
    Options
    The erie thing is that the anniversary of Katrina hitting NOLA is Friday. Gustav should attack on Monday.
    Our (South FLA) last hair cut was from Wilma Oct. '06.
  • Big Easy Egg
    Options
    All to familiar with that date. We are still 15 years from recovery from Katrina.

Jimmy
    Come visit NOLA
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    You guys take care--gotta talk with my sister to see if here family has to evacuate soon. They're just outside of LFT, and the storm track puts them right in the path.

UPDATE: she just sent me a text message, and they'll know whether or not they have to bail out by Sat or Sun.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    october 1, 2005, hurricane rita. . .
  • Wasted Words
    Options
    My bad Wilma was '05. How could I forget all the repairs?
    It looks like Gov. Jindal is getting things ready. I saw a reporter interviewing someone from the Corp. of Engineers last night on the news. He wouldn't comment on whether or not the modified levees would hold up to a Cat. 3 storm. :ohmy: That has to be very reassuring for the folks in NOLA & the surrounding area. I just pray everyone heeds the warning when it comes down.
  • Could someone have carwash Mike get in touch with me at Outdoor Home. My email is rd1@outdoorhome.com or our toll free number is 1-888-869-3447.

Thanks
    R.D.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    Spring Chicken: At times like this I wish I were on your side of town instead of League City. However, I've got it pretty good. After the Rita evacuation debacle I added on a storm room to my house. It has no windows and is engineered to withstand a cat 5 and has a generator. We use it as a guest bedroom the rest of the year. Anyway, we are never evacuating again.

The bigger hassle is my office is in Galveston. I have a window office so we are instructed to move everything into the interior hallways if it gets close. That is a real hassle.

Freddie
    League City, TX