Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally got my BGE

Options
AuntieEgger
AuntieEgger Posts: 258
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
in the SS cabinet ‘nest and all’ LOL Took the wheels off the nest and put the nest on a patio stone and it fit in the space just fine. Guess it’s a bit different from the norm but it works just fine. The cabinet has stationary wheels on the left side and swivel wheels on the right side so the cabinet can be moved with ease.

IMG_0279.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I like that. did you build it or modify it?
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Now that is a good idea...there is definitely more than one way to EGG... ;)
  • Ike Witt
    Ike Witt Posts: 195
    Options
    I like the cabinet, did you have it made or convert it from an existing piece.

allen
  • AuntieEgger
    Options
    Hi Pat
    We bought the cabinet as it is and cut the hole for the BGE. Hubby had to bend the back splash back a bit to make space for the dome to open all the way. We also want to make a door on the left where the shelves are just to keep the winter snow out.
    I’m not sure if it’s a little to high for me ,, we may have to take the patio stone in the bottom out and get me a patio stone to stand on yet LOL

AuntieEgger
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    With the nice job your hubby did on the cabinet a step should be no problem :laugh:
  • Central Pork
    Options
    I really like your setup. I too have my eggs in a stainless steel table.....I work for a grocery company and we buy at auction lots of stainless tables and I snagged mine for next to nothing. I have a large and small in it. I need to post a pic someday.
  • Central Pork
    Options
    I really like your setup. I too have my eggs in a stainless steel table.....I work for a grocery company and we buy at auction lots of stainless tables and I snagged mine for next to nothing. I have a large and small in it. I need to post a pic someday.
  • AuntieEgger
    Options
    My hubby went into a small kitchen appliance store and the owner of the store was using this cabinet for storage at the back of his store my husband said ‘I would like to bye that’ the guy looked at him as though he was nuts but he cleaned all his junk out of it and sold it to us LOL. The cabinet was filthy with food grim all over it ,, it took a lot of work but it’s looking good now.
    After seeing the cabinet in the condition it was in I’m sure glad I don’t eat out in restraints anymore.
    I should have taken a before and after pic
  • AuntieEgger
    Options
    Ya, he is a sweetie but when I mentioned the patio stone I did get “that (do you really need a patio stone) look” out of him. So I just had to remind him of how he would feel if he had a wife with no eyebrows and that seemed to soften him up a little to the idea LOL

Hey nothing in life comes easy but you always get what ya need.

AuntieEgger
  • AuntieEgger
    Options
    Hi centralpork
    I would love to see a pic of your SS table if you could post one.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Nice setup. Good storage space. A towel bar (available in brushed crome at a big box store) on the end with the swivel casters would make it easy to move around.

Some will ask: where are you going to put the bottle opener? :laugh:
  • AuntieEgger
    Options
    Well that’s a great idea about the towel bar ,, I’ll have to mention that to hubby ( you know I’m going to get “that look” again LOL

As for the bottle opener we were at the camper last weekend and my husband came out of the shed with a real old bottle opener and said ‘I’m going to put this on the railing for our neighbor (the lush) I GRABBED IT OFF OF HIM AND SAID ‘OH NO YOUR NOT THAT’S MINE IT’S GOING ON THE EGG CABANET LOL
    So yes I’ve got one but someone over the years painted it and it’s all cruddy so it needs to be cleaned up ,, that may take some time………….. but will eventually be put on the cabinet.
    All I can say is I’m working on that one LOL