Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tequila Lime Shrimp

Options
Stanley
Stanley Posts: 623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a last minute, what can I make?, sort of dinner tonight.

Threw some frozen (Trader Joe's) shrimp in a bowl and poured a few ounces of 1800 silver tequila (100% agave, of course) over them. Squeezed one lime over them (it was a juicy sucker, or I would have done two), a slug or two of EVOO, and threw in a handful of chopped cilantro, S&P, and a liberal addition of DP Shakin' the Tree. Tossed this around periodically to help the shrimp thaw and marinate.

Cut up some red bell peppers in big hunks, cut some fingerling potatoes in half lengthwise, and coated them with EVOO and DP Raging River.

Got a 400° fire going under my grid with my half-moon raised grid (w/ drip pan) above. Grilled the potatoes and peppers, brushing with their marinade, until they looked pretty then transferred them to the upper grid. Skewered shrimp went on the lower grid, brushed with their own marinade and flipped - done in no time.

This was major delicious! The shrimp really took on the tequila lime flavors. I'm sure it would have been better with fresh wild shrimp (which are readily available to me - but, remember, this was a last minute sort of thing) but it was great as it was.

Comments

• East Bay Al
    East Bay Al Posts: 101
    Options
    Sounds great, Stanley. I have been using Margarita mix as a marinade for chicken & shrimp with good results. I save the Cabo Wabo blue agave for direct consumption!
    Are you in downtown? My sister is out in Gresham- wants me to bring pulled pork next visit.
    Al
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    NW Portland, about a 30 minute walk from downtown. Cabo Wabo is definitely directly consumable! You should come visit your sister as a halfway point on your way to the PNW Eggfest Sept. 6!
  • East Bay Al
    East Bay Al Posts: 101
    Options
    I tried to talk her into going last year, but she wouldn't do it. And I just went to Eggs by the Bay and am still full!
    al