Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Funny

Options
johnrezz
johnrezz Posts: 120
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I was cooking some ribs on my Med. Egg and I decided to try letting them steam in a tinfoil covered pan for the last hour. I used the same pan I always use except I had the plate setter feet down instead of up. I put the pan on and walked away. To my amazement when I went back an hour later to pull it the pan, it was gone, ribs and all. Shocked at this I opened the lid abrubltly and was again surprised by a rush of apple juice running into the fire box. Turns out the pan with the tin foil nestled itself perfectly in the dome of the egg and lifted up with the lid when I opened it hiding it from view.

Probably one of those "you had to be there" things but it gave me a good laugh. I just could not imagine for that moment who would have stolen my ribs.....

They were very tasty by the way.... and I didn't even have to deal with emptying the pan.....

Comments