Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.K. How many eggs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yeah Dylan. I have no doubt we are buds. In fact, maybe I can be one of the first on any forum to hook up with you! We'd have a blast...I know that for a fact.[p]I bet there have been a few folks here that have purchased WSMs, and sold their eggs after reading these posts from you and Lee. Maybe they had to make a payment on their mobile home, and needed the extra bucks. LOL. Joking there! Smiley.[p]Truth is, I will probably be buying a WSM soon so I can see what they are all about. I have been Qing for only 3 years now, and ceramic was my cherry popper, and sole babe. But MAN, that portablilty would sure be nice for these contests...which I am assured I will become hooked on. I can prove to you I have an addictive personality....so the future outlook probably includes many more contests. If other folks can get hooked on competitions....by god I can too.[p]So, thanks for the occasional doses of realism you guys give us. Though most of the people who read this forum probably wonder what drives some of you to be obsessed with the goings ons here! Like "Hey, why do the people on the Dewalt forum have a whole cabinet full of yellow tools?? Must be a cult. Black and Orange does just as well. Dammit. I got 10 of em."[p]This is always fun.
    Dang...my beer is getting warm.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    To a point you are correct. You do not see any ceramic cookers stir up any crap on the metal head forums as they do on ours.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Ahh...go to bed! Don't you have t get up at 3am???
    Have a safe trip dude.
    Heeeeeee!
    Nature Beer

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    JJ,
    Does this mean that our fishing trip is cancelled this year????
    :-)[p]

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    bdavidson,
    No, it just means that you will have to settle on my 35 footers

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Nature Dude,[p]Go to bed and miss all of this fun?[p]I'll sleep when I'm dead.... or on the plane.[p]Heeeee![p]John[p]
  • QSis,
    I think I'm a fairly well known metalhead, pretty well known when it comes to using a WSM. The reason I cook on them is because of competing, if it wasn't for competition I would have stuck with a Klose.
    I also cater and WSMs or cermanic are not a practical so I
    use a Treager Mobile unit and Klose fajita grill.
    Logic says I should forget all of this, I have real job that pays very well, but I'd rather cook BBQ.
    I have a Klose offset, a couple of Weber Kettles and a large BGE, there is no logic to this.
    There are more folks with ceramic cookers starting to compete and as they do, some will start winning and others will follow. There is no logic involved, it's loving to Q and perfecting the art on the cooker of choice.
    Jim

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options

A very nice post Jim, my hat is off to ya. Let us all have fun cooking on whatever works for ya.[p]New Bob

• Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    Options
    Steve-O,
    I am taking a break from tying a muddler minnow to reply. Fly rods are well represented in my fishing arsenal!
    Jim

• daredevil
    Options

Sorry to annoy you with the same old question. You just reminded me that the worst part of having a hobby is the arrogance of the other enthusiasts.

• Eh, don't worry about it, daredevil - I forgive you.[p]Lee
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I paid exactly $180 for my large Egg, and $420 for the ability to sleep through the night.

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Touché![p]Puj
  • Jim Minion,[p]Please excuse my ignorance but I am not familiar with the TLA WSM. What is a WSM?[p]pastor_chuck
  • Nature Boy,[p]Being new to the forum I enjoy the sassy repartee. Just don't let it get hurtful.[p]I can't wait to get a ceramic cooker. I really get tired the evening after I have cooked. It just about limits my smoking to Friday evening and Saturday. I'm too beat to preach on Sunday if I cook Saturday evening (I stay up to midnight so I can sleep in to 5:00 a.m. <BG>[p]pastor_chuck
  • LasVegasMac
    Options
    WooDoggies, you said, "If I choose to collect 43 minis and dance the funky chicken around them, all while pouring beer over my head and howling at the moon, do I have to explain myself?"[p]If that does occur - please get it on video. My belly is shaking!![p]LVM[p][p]
  • Jim Minion,[p]Hi Jim. [p]First off I'm not trying to stir the pot here but I'd like to know if there is anything in particular that, in your opinion, turns out better on a BGE as opposed to the WSM.[p]Also, I'm thinking the BGE is more fuel efficient. I'd really like to see a comparison of fuel cost over a month of equal usage. Same things cooked. (not asking you to do this)[p]I'd probably get one of these things (Oval) if I thought the fuel savings would pay for it over... say... 3 years.
    I could always use my WSM,s when I am out and about.[p]

• Kelly Keefe,[p]Nam myoho Renge Kamado. :P