Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Wifes request for Mothers Day Dinner!

AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Asked the wife early in the week if she wanted me to cook for her on Mother's Day. She said all she wanted was Spatchcocked Chicken with just salt an pepper with apple wood chunk smoke. Cooked that along with some baked potatoes on the egg. Made cucumber, onions, tomatoes in vinegar. Made banana pudding. Bought the strawberries for her from the local HEB. She said it was all fabulous. :cheer:

Maybe next year I will have son trained up on the egg and he can cook for her. Pipe dream perhaps.

The Egg makes me feel like a bbq stud, if you don't own one---you should get one. It has improved my q'ing tenfold.

One last thing Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here and may God bless you.

OH yeah, and it was nice meeting a lot of fellow eggers at the Texas Eggfest. Will definitely have to cook next year.

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Mighty fine looking chicken...

What temp and how long, direct, indirect, raised grid and cooked to what temp???

GG
  • AlwaysGolf
    Thanks, Raised grid direct, 350 for about 75 minutes pulled when breast reached about 170 and thighs and legs were about 190.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Who is he adorable little one in pic 2? Bet she liked the dessert more. -RP
  • AlwaysGolf
    That would be #1 daughter. Yeah, had to run her off to bed or she would have ate all of mom's strawberries. She will probably find a way to finish them off tomorrow. :laugh:
  • AlwaysGolf
    That would be #1 daughter. Yeah, had to run her off to bed or she would have ate all of mom's strawberries. She will probably find a way to finish them off tomorrow. :laugh:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Nice dinner, AG! Sorry I missed you at the Eggfest yesterday, but I'll be on the cooking roster next round, that's for sure! Looks like someone was waiting for Dad to hurry up and take a picture so that she could eat :) My kids always tease me when they see me taking shots of the food--they tell the food to "SMILE..."

Take care!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    yea eggin with the kids sounds great we did it once

100_0050.jpg

(notice the FSU shorts)

but my friend Big'un his kids egg with him all the time his kids are the ones in yellow shirts in this pic::

Eggtoberfest07032.jpg

what the recipe for the banana pudding? anything special in there?????? ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Well she sure is beautiful, spent the afternoon with my grand daughter, gave my son in law a LBGE today with all the trimmings for a graduation present. -RP
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Thanks for letting me know. I have been doing them raised at 400° & 500° for an hour each, internal temp the same as yours. Mine turn out good but I think I am going to lower cooking tempto get a longer cook.

I am trying to get a more smoked flavor than I am presently getting.

Hope you folks had a wonderful Mohters Day over there.

GG
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Banana pudding...now that's a southern request. Where are you? When my mom came here Tucson) last year...we did a family BBQ deal. She wanted to make dessert. So banana puddin it was. I don't think very many people ate it.

Kim
  • Snuffy
    Snuffy Posts: 26
    That chicken looks awesome. Did you turn the chicken over during the cook or was it bone side down for the whole cook???
  • AlwaysGolf
    Bente -- nothing special in the pudding but it is really good. Will send you the recipe when I get home from today. Nice shorts by the way.

Desert Filly--located in Texas.Pudding is really good will send it to you after I get home from work.

Can't take credit for the pudding recipe. Got it from a buddy at work and this was my first time making it but It is good!!
  • AlwaysGolf
    Snuffy, Thanks, bone side down for the entire cook, no flipping!
  • AlwaysGolf
    Snuffy, Thanks, bone side down for the entire cook, no flipping!
  • DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Man, I'm kicking myself in the rear for not taking any. I did Grilled Lobster, HOTTUBBED filets, twice baked Taters, Ceasar Salad and green Beans with lemon juice, olice oil, red Onions and Toasted almonds. KICK KICK KICK mannn it was fine. Wifey was sick so I was checking on her and cooking at the same time and just plain forgot