Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swordfish with Indian flavors

Options
Marvin
Marvin Posts: 515
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished this for dinner; sort of a make-your-own-marinade night.
Two 1 - 1 1/4 in thick swordfish steaks slathered on both sides for 4 hours with the following: whisk together 2 tblsp nonfat plain yogurt, 1 tblsp canola oil, 2 tblsp rice vinegar and 2 tsps of Chana masala. This latter ingredient is a complex mixture of 16 spices made to flavor chickpeas and is sold in 100 gram quanities in Indian specialty or fancy grocery stores. The flavor is great with a slight hot spice. The fish was grilled at 450 for 5 minutes per side on a raised grill and then allowed to dwell for 5 more minutes. Came out moist, flavorful and delicious. Give it a try.
Regards,
Marvin

Comments

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    Marvin,[p]That swordfish sounds delish! I've got some garam masala, do you think I could add a little cayenne and approximate the flavor of chana masala? Or are the the flavors two different families? I was thinking of using this idea on some tuna steaks that I got for this weekend.[p]--Kevin