Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapple in meat loaf????

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried bits of pineapple in a meat loaf????? Any reason I should not try it.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Go for it! I saw this post and immediatelt thought, "yeah, and add BBQ sauce instead of catsup into the mix". I know someone on this forum makes a mean mexican-style meatloaf, so maybe you can pioneer a Hawaiian-style loaf. [p]Speaking of hawaiian-style stuff, my granny makes some killer hawaiian stlye hamburgers. I'm gonna have to get the recipe now and try 'em on the BGE. See what you've done to me! Got my stomach growling for some burgers and I'm stuck at work for a few more hours! Oh woe is me![p]Happy Grillin',
    --Kevin

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Ca_rnivore,
    Thanks for the encouragement, it's funny you suggested BBQ sauce, I use a mixture of BlueSmokes Big Chief and his Cross Roads, this time I mixed in some sweet honey mustard I had left over from another cook. I will also put a couple of pieces of honey/hickory bacon on top, also sliced jalapeno black olives. That's what great about meat loaf, just about anything goes.
    Happy Egg-n,
    New Bob

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    New Bob,
    How about pineapple with bacon and teriyaki sauce? My father-in-law hooked us up with some great stuff - Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce. It's one of the best I've ever tried and it's Kosher to boot!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    CitizenQ ,
    Soy Vay. Now THAT is a clever name![p]I will keep my eyes peeled for it.
    Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ