Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet potato fries?

Options
usc1321
usc1321 Posts: 627
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have seen some pictures a week or so ago about some sweet potatos thast were cut like fries and cooked on the egg. I can't remember who cooked them, can someone maybe help me out? :huh:

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    how about this one here:

Potatoes, Sweet, Wedges, Crispy

INGREDIENTS:
    3 sweet potatoes, (about 2 1/2 pounds)
    1 egg
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp oregano

Preparation:
    1 Peel potatoes; cut each lengthwise into 8 wedges. In large bowl, whisk together egg, garlic and 1 Tbsp. water. Add potatoes; toss to coat evenly.
    2 In shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano; roll potato wedges in mixture to coat well.
    3 Bake on greased baking sheet in 425øF oven for 15 minutes. Turn wedges; bake for 12 to 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.

Servings: 4

Recipe Type
    Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: Lloyd--lloyd2@mindspring.com

Source: BBQ List, Lloyd, 03/18/99

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• usc1321
    Options
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I think THIS is the post you are looking for..Large Marge posted this and I have made them 2-3 times...simple and great tasting!
  • usc1321
    Options
    Eggtucky... Thanks That was the post I was trying to track down. :woohoo: B)
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    You're welcome...I knew I'd seen it and even copied the recipe for the taters on my puter at home, but I'm outta town tonight and just did a lil forum searchin..no problem...enjoy! B)
  • mark9765
    mark9765 Posts: 122
    Options
    I had some store bought sweet potato fries I cooked over the weekend. I just baked them in the oven. Look for them in the frozen food section. I have also made the from scratch. They are great baked.
    P1010022.jpg