Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Ya'll!

Options
KillFloorBulldog
KillFloorBulldog Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A new owner here, just outside Atlanta up in Woodstock. I've used an Egg at the office for company functions, but now own one for "personal consumption". I originally hail from Mississippi, my handle stems from my days on the Kill Floor (beef and pork) Night Sanitation at Bryan Foods in West Point. As we used to say, "All we lose is the squeal, we make something out of everything else!". I look forward to no longer lurking, but learning more from experienced Eggsters. B)

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Welcome! Any questions, ask away. Someone here has the answer.
    Bob
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You sound just warped enough to fit in here.
    Welcome...
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Welcome!

Far out; Kill floor huh? Now that's some fresh meat!

I got to spend a couple of quality months in a few rendering plants in Iowa - we got everything that never made it to the floor - (now picture this)providing advice on how to make their operations more efficient.

Just thinking about it makes my eyes water...
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the BGE.

I feel your pain. I worked on the cold side loin line second shift at Monfort Pork in St. Joseph, MO many moons ago working my way through college. Tough work but I learned some invaluable skills - knife sharpening and safety and how to trim loins and butts. Never did any beef work, but I hear it is even harder (if that is possible).
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    come on in and welcome to the crazziest show on earth.....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Man, I hear ya.

Did a lot of my apprenticeship in rendering, hides and skins and kill floor. Pleasant memories to be sure :sick:
    Long time ago but the smells are still a like a recent memory.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Double Bogey
    Options
    Welcome, and by all means don't be a stranger. This is a 24/7 information exchange.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    welcome there a lot of fine people areound here so stay around and secure a camera for that first cook

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Managed farrowing units for Tyson foods for 8 years till got tired of the managment rat race. We used to go threw the pork processing plant every year or two that Tyson ran for a few years till they got out of kill processing pork up in St louis MS. Remind me not to get in a knife fight with you if you ever worked the kill shoot. Them boys could stick one faster than you could blink even the ones the captive bolt just ticked off! :blink: You know what I mean. Any way welcome to the zoo and don't be shy!
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Welcome to Eggworld! Congratulations on your personal egg; and egg ownership.
    Where are you from in Mississippi?
    Hammer
  • KillFloorBulldog
    Options
    Thanks all! Hey ya, Hammer. D"Iberville was home. Starkville later for a few years in search of higher knowledge.